Can't find songs w/computer on Fuse internal memory

I copied songs (mp3) to the internal memory, music directory. Fuse says their are 59 songs loaded, but

when I look in that directory thru the usb nothing is showing?? The Fuse plays them fine ?? Just can’t see them

on computer. It is a Dell m6300 Laptop w/XP pro I am usually good with this stuff… not his time. BTW they aren’t

hidden or read only files.

You need to change your usb mode. If you loaded the files in MSC mode you cannot see them if you are connected in MTP and vise versa. So try going to the settings menu on the fuze and go down to USB mode, and change it to MSC, plug it in and see if you can see the files, if not then go back and change it to MSC. There may be a way to change it with out disconnect but I am not sure how.

If you upload the songs in one mode, you cant view them in the other. There are three modes in which a fuze connects, Auto, MTP, and MSC. To view your songs, put your fuze in one mode and search for them on your computer. If that doesnt work, try the other mode. You should find them. (Auto mode is just auto detect for MTP or MSC)

That did it, thank you very  much. Should I just leave it in MSC mode? Which is better and why?

Also why didn’t auto detect work…

Sometimes autodetect just doesnt work. I like MSC Mode personally, but thats just me.

I havent found too much of a difference between the two as far as quality, ease, blah blah. Personally I keep mine in MTP mode just because it is easier to upload the album art. Plus, My Computer->Right Click on Fuze->Properties shows the battery charge level. That came in handy when I had my hands on a Fuze that got stepped on. Cracked LCDs are no fun.

@fedoism wrote:

That did it, thank you very  much. Should I just leave it in MSC mode? Which is better and why?

Also why didn’t auto detect work…

Here’s a primer on MTP & MSC.

I agree on not using the Auto-Defect mode. :wink:

Auto Detect has a peek at the installed OS on the host computer, and connects in MTP if available.  I find the feature quite useful, as I often use the Sansa to transfer diagnostic data, in MSC mode, and keep my music separated, in MTP mode.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: