Fuze not playing audiobooks in order

I’m trying to get my Fuze to recognize the tags I manually entered so that it will play the audiobook files in order. It seems to play my files in some random order which has left me puzzled. Here’s my info and what I’ve tried.

Fuze: 4GB Total; 250 MB free space; MSC mode

Firmware: V01.01.22A

Operating System: Vista 

I want to tag my files so that it plays Day 1.1, Day 1.12, Day 2.1, Day 2.12, Day 2.21, … , Day 5.1, etc…

Now I have used several programs to edit the tag including Windows Explorer, Media Monkey, MP3tag. I tag them then copy into the Fuze player letting the library refresh. I’ve tried tagging the title according to my description above, tagging the genre as “Audiobook”, tagging the Album, changing the filename. These don’t work. The files continue to play out of order hence it would go something like this Day 1.1, Day 1.2, Day 3.1, Day 2.1, Day 1.3. This makes it frustrating since I would be listening to the audiobook out of order.

Any ideas? I’m at a lost here.

Message Edited by lukev on 02-02-2009 11:51 AM

Message Edited by lukev on 02-02-2009 11:52 AM

Okay, it seems to work now. Basically, don’t use the naming scheme I had earlier such as 1.1, 1.2, 2.1 etc… Also don’t need to name the “track” field as 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, as well. The “track” field can be left blank. Fuze will order the files according to title. Hence I now use Day 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, …, 5c, 5d, etc.