Fuze is Freezing

I just bought the Fuze and was in the process of dropping my music in the music folder.  I got just about 2 gigs of music in there when the folder just stopped opening up for me.  Every time I try and open the folder, my computer freezes, until I unplug the media player.  It wont even let me drop songs into the folder when I don’t open it.  Any suggestions before I return this **bleep** thing?

@staceylynn wrote:
I just bought the Fuze and was in the process of dropping my music in the music folder.  I got just about 2 gigs of music in there when the folder just stopped opening up for me.  Every time I try and open the folder, my computer freezes, until I unplug the media player.  It wont even let me drop songs into the folder when I don’t open it.  Any suggestions before I return this **bleep** thing?

Format your Fuze and try again?

You can go into the Fuze’s settings and select the Format option.  It’ll delete all your songs from the Fuze.  Then plug it into your computer and try again. 

These kinds of issues are almost always related to hardware/software problems on the computer and not the player.  It’s possible something is wrong with your player, but not likely.

A few things to try:

• Reboot your computer (completely power off and restart)
  • Try different USB ports (like on the back of the computer instead of the front)
  • Don’t connect to a USB hub
  • See if same problem happens on another computer
  • If you are using XP, make sure you have at least SP2
  • If you are using Auto/MTP mode, make sure you have the latest WMP
  • Try MSC mode if you can’t get Auto/MTP mode to work
    As Corilof said, reformatting the Fuze may help.  Make sure you have the latest FW as well.

Message Edited by Skinjob on 06-09-2008 05:36 PM