Fuze does not recognize FLAC...

Just received the Fuze 8 gb device, version 1 system. I updated the firmware (build 22) because I want to load, store and play FLAC files on this device. I use EAC to rip wavs and convert them to FLAC. When I try to drag the FLAC folders into the Fuze, it will not accept them saying that FLAC is not recognized. Anyone got a quick fix for this problem? Thanks…

It seems as though the MTP driver incorrectly believes that FLAC is not supported by this device.  To fix the problem, go into system settings on the Fuze, then into “USB Mode”.  Make sure “MSC” is selected.  This will now cause the device to be recogized as a generic removable storage device in windows.  You can now transfer and play FLAC files.  This took me several hours to figure out on my own, so hopefully this does the trick for you.

flac_boy

Thanks flac-boy. That corrected the problem.

As a note to others who may have this problem: I did select “MSC” mode as an attempt to fix the problem when it ocurred, but it did dnot work at the time. The only reason I can think of why it didn’t work the first time was perhaps because the device need to be disconnected from the PC first? Anyway, after disconnecting the player, checking the “MSC” mode, powering down and then re-connecting it to the PC, it decided to then recognize the FLAC files.