Fuze display question

I’ve gone 14 pages back without any posts about this…here goes…

Yesterday morning, I went to pause my Fuze by using the center button, and to my surprise, it changed the display to an equalizer type of thing then a next track type of thing, etc.

Today, I loaded it up, and tried the same thing, and it seems it went away. Is there a way to re-enable that feature? I’d rather have that…something to stare at and remember which tracks are next in my player

Forgot to put some specs…here goes…

The fuze is the silver 8Gb…1Gb TransFlash disc inserted in the side for that extra enjoyment…runs the latest 1.x firmware.

Main OS is WinXP for the transferral/charging computer…

Not sure what else to provide…I know my computers…hardware and software so if it’s something like this MP3 player…it’s foreign…believe it or not

Message Edited by OdiusG on 08-26-2009 06:54 PM

You pause ( || ) by pressing the UP ^ button on the scroll wheel, not the center button.

The ‘spectrum analyzer’ and ‘next song info’ are timed, or temporary. They will revert back to the ‘Now Playing’ screen after a few seconds. You can also cycle through them by pressing the center button repeatedly. There’s not way (not yet anyway) of permanently displaying these features.

You pause ( || ) by pressing the UP ^ button on the scroll wheel, not the center button.

The ‘spectrum analyzer’ and ‘next song info’ are timed, or temporary. They will revert back to the ‘Now Playing’ screen after a few seconds. You can also cycle through them by pressing the center button repeatedly. There’s no way (not yet anyway) of permanently displaying these features.

I tried to get back to them, it’s a bit more interesting sometimes, even while playing a song, but the center button seems to pause only now…is there something wrong with my Fuze? It’s not a refurb or anything, so I’m not sure if the “right-out-of-manufacturer” versions are defunct in some way…

The center AND up direction do the same function on mine, not sure why…

Message Edited by OdiusG on 08-26-2009 07:38 PM

@odiusg wrote:

I tried to get back to them, it’s a bit more interesting sometimes, even while playing a song, but the center button seems to pause only now…is there something wrong with my Fuze? It’s not a refurb or anything, so I’m not sure if the “right-out-of-manufacturer” versions are defunct in some way…

The center AND up direction do the same function on mine, not sure why…

Message Edited by OdiusG on 08-26-2009 07:38 PM

My Fuze is loaned out at the moment and it’s been a while since I used it, so I can’t verify if this is the way it’s supposed to operate, but I suspect not.

You may want to call SanDisk Tech Support; if it is deemed defective they can assist you with getting a new one under the 1 year warranty. :wink:

Just called em, and YUP…it’s defective in some way…now to wait for the RMA info…WHEEEE! So much ******* fun! :manmad: Oh well, at least I know it’ll work like it’s supposed to, just hope I have the battery power that I have with this one…I can go hours while listening to music at full blast