Frozen clipzip with odd delay at sansa flower

I was working out at the gym with my clip zip and it locked up on me.  None of the buttons would respond other than a reset by holding the power button down for 15 seconds or so.

Now my clip zip powers on to the sansa flower and stays there for 90 seconds or so.  It then goes to the Refreshing your media screen and won’t budge from there.

Any suggestions from the experts?

I do not have a micro SD card in the slot.

I would continue trying resets–hopefully, that ultimately will fix matters . . . .

Resets did not help but I was able to add a micro SD card which magically unwedged it.  If I take out the SD card, the boot hangs again.  With the SD card in place, I tried to reformat internal memory but still no joy.

I will be away from my cable for a few days but I will try and reload zip firmware next to clear the boot hang.

If the issue remains, I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this–you also might need a warranty replacement (which SanDisk is good about).  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

@miikerman wrote:

If the issue remains, I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this–you also might need a warranty replacement (which SanDisk is good about).  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Although if you bought it as a “re-furb” from Woot.com as your name ( wootclip ) might suggest then SanDisk will have no warranty responsibility to you. They only warranty “new” units as they aren’t the ones doing the re-furbing.

I would try regardless, as the Zips are under a year old and SanDisk may have as its policy the replacement of all such devices, still under warranty. 

refurbs only carry a 30 day warranty through the seller. sandisk does not warranty refurbs. 

Interesting, even though definitely under a year old, the original warranty . . . .

Reloading firmware did fix my problem.  I will watch over time to see if the problem repeats.   My fear is that there is a weak bit in flash and this problem will repeat.

About my name, my original 2G Clip was bought from Woot several years ago.  My Clip Zip is my fourth clip and was bought at Best Buy.  I really like the product and have stuck with it over the years.