firmware download failing?

I get messages that there are updates to my clip firmware (1 01 35).  I click on the download button and it appears to be downloading for a short time, then a screen flashes so quickly that I can not read it.  Then several times a day I get the download available message.  I have done the download several times with the same result.  I assume the flashing screen is some sort of error message.  What do I have to do to read this fleeting display?

Ed

smega wrote:

I get messages that there are updates to my clip firmware (1 01 35).  I click on the download button and it appears to be downloading for a short time, then a screen flashes so quickly that I can not read it.  Then several times a day I get the download available message.   I have done the download several times with the same result.  I assume the flashing screen is some sort of error message.  What do I have to do to read this fleeting display?

Ed

This is one of the main reasons most everyone here recommends un-installing the Updater. It is essentially nag-ware. For the few times an update is available, it’s easy enough to just manually install it. And frankly, I doubt there will be any more updates to the original Clip anyway.