Files on Fuze don't show up on computer; files that show up can't be deleted

I have a 4gb Fuze with a 4gb memory card.

A 12-disk CD audio book was downloaded onto the internal memory last week.

Today, I wanted to delete the book, but only 2 of the disks showed up on the computer

The other 10 disks remain active on the Fuze.

Also, there are two audio book CDs that show up on the computer which have already been erased from the Fuze.   Popup message says ‘file cannot be deleted from device’

I’ve done a soft reset (with and without the external card in place)

Settings on Tools allows me to see hidden files and folders

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and change it. If it’s Auto Detect, try both MSC and MTP. Your computer only sees files that were transferred in one mode at a time, while the Fuze displays both modes. Leave it in the mode that holds more of your folders–don’t use Auto, which flips between them

Those are some pretty big files to be trying to delete on the devise itself. I don’t doubt that it chokes on them. If there’s noting else you want on it, I’d format the player, which will clear out everything in one fell swoop.

Those are some pretty big files to be trying to delete on the devise itself. I don’t doubt that it chokes on them. If there’s nothing else you want on it, I’d format the player, which will clear out everything in one fell swoop.