files and folders

This si my first mp3. I bought the 4 gig unit. Everything works ok, but I can’t seem to get the songs where I want them using the computer. Also, how do I get them out of “recently added” and put them where they belong? I set up folders on my pc and dragged the songs on the computer into the folder that I wanted them to be, but although the songs loaded, they are somewhere else. How do I get the mp3 player to look like the folders on my pc? I tried syncing,but not sure what it did if anything.

the fuze does not have file tree view, it organizes the files by id3 tag. you will need to fill in the id3 tag information on your music files then you will be able to browse by artist, album, song, genre, ect. for information regarding id3 tags just do a search on this forum for id3 tag.

I think windows media player works better for song sorting then drag and drop.  All new songs go into the recently added section.   A_nd_ they are sorted in the appropriate artist, album, etc., if they are labeled as such.  I’ve done all mine in WMP 10 and if they have an artist and album, then they are sorted.  I found if you don’t want to type in every song, at least do the artist and album.  The album automatically updates all through the list, and then I just copy the artist and edit/paste in each track if it’s the same artist.  If I’ve downloaded songs, then they have all the information in them and I just sync.

Ah, another shot in the arm for the disciplined taggers of the world!

Uh oh, do I detect another tags vs folders flame war starting up?  It’s been at least a couple weeks since we had a good one! :smileyvery-happy:

I just used Jerry’s little playlist program and now I have all the playlists I need. I can even make my own custom playlists. Very easy. ( FreemattandGrace.Com ) I am in drag and drop MSC mode. Thank you Jerry!

Check this new program out on the E200 board.

Sansa Sync

I haven’t tried it, but it’s supposed to organize by folder for you folder fanatics.  

@skinjob wrote:

Uh oh, do I detect another tags vs folders flame war starting up?  It’s been at least a couple weeks since we had a good one! :smileyvery-happy:

Whoa, hey now. I’m not trying to step on anybody’s toes here. I’ve got all my music organized by genre, then by artist, then by album - my folder trees got roots! But I still tag them all. Tagged and bagged, you could say. :slight_smile:

@silverzero wrote:

@skinjob wrote:

Whoa, hey now. I’m not trying to step on anybody’s toes here. I’ve got all my music organized by genre, then by artist, then by album - my folder trees got roots! But I still tag them all. Tagged and bagged, you could say. :slight_smile:

I was just kidding.  People seem to be very passionate about their preferred organization and browsing method.  Whenever anyone posts a request for folder browsing, a long chain of “here’s why your method ■■■■■ and my method rules” posts are sure to follow. :smiley:

@c1u31355 wrote:

Check this new program out on the E200 board.

Sansa Sync

I haven’t tried it, but it’s supposed to organize by folder for you folder fanatics.  

I tried it on my Fuze 2+2 (2 GB internal + 2 GB microSD) in MSC mode, and nothing happened.  Does anyone know if the folder structure of the E200 series is different than the Fuze?  (I’m guessing the E200 doesn’t have a “\MUSIC” folder…).

@resnbl wrote:

Does anyone know if the folder structure of the E200 series is different than the Fuze?  (I’m guessing the E200 doesn’t have a “\MUSIC” folder…).

Yes, the e200 series do indeed have a MUSIC folder.