Filenames & Filetypes

If you’re like me and don’t use MP3 tags, preferring instead to use the file/folder names themselves, you may have run into an issue where folder and file names are being changed to a long string of letters and numbers preceding only a portion of what you actually titled them. It severely decreases readability and eliminates the cleanliness of alphabetical organization!

This is due to the player’s CHARACTER LIMIT for both file and folder names:

Folder Titles = 25 characters max.

File Titles = 100 characters max.

Adhering to the above, every file and folder will be titled correctly once it is copied to the player (I’ve had to severely shorten some of my folder titles but only a few actual filenames).

Furthermore, the Sansa Clip Zip player allows you to copy ANY filetype to it, essentially turning the player into a convenient flash thumbdrive as well! Though it will not play many files (such as videos, text, webpages, etc.), it will allow you to nonetheless copy them over, which is a fantastic feature (or lack of unnecessary restriction *ahem*iPOD*ahem*).

Love my SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip with 32gig PNY microSD! Ultimate MP3 player.

@lordvishnu wrote:

If you’re like me and don’t use MP3 tags, preferring instead to use the file/folder names themselves, you may have run into an issue where folder and file names are being changed to a long string of letters and numbers preceding only a portion of what you actually titled them. It severely decreases readability and eliminates the cleanliness of alphabetical organization!

This won’t happen if you transfer via MSC mode.