Emptied music folder...

So there shouldn’t be anything on there… but switching the fuze on it shows a few albums still on there… and they even play…
whats going on?  how do i get rid of everything… Format?      this player is strange the way it works… getting a playlist
displayed correctly is get frustrating also…   why couldn’t you have made it so simple as to recognise folders like my other sony player
doe’s…   

OK… so ive deleted everthing off the player… so there is nothing showing as being on there… “within windows explorer” SD card is empty aswell… but
the player say’s that 983mb is still in use…     what do i do  ?      

Thanks

BTW i should add that ive deleted everything that came with the fuze… music and video… apart from the pictures that came with it… 

so there is 169 songs currently on there that ive put on that should not be there cause i deleted the folders for them…

Anyone got any idea’s… thanks

Nevermind… i done a Format and that cleared it…

As you’ve already discovered, formatting will wipe everything in one fell swoop, but your problem was most likely the MTP vs. MSC mode issue. There are 2 USB modes to connect your player to your computer in and files put on in one mode are not visible while connected in the other mode. The player will see content added in either equally well, but what you see on your computer as an empty drive may not be. You need to connect in the other mode and check it out there too. :wink:

Thanks TapeWorm… That’s exactly what the problem was… switching it to MTP makes it much more managable :slight_smile: