e280 No Music List and More

I can’t see a list of the songs that are on the e280 player when I go to My Computer and Explore the files on it.  There isn’t any folder for them.  I have 6GB loaded on it.  I want to Format the player and then reload it. Will this erase ALL the files that are on it to include any operating files?  Does it make a difference if the songs loaded are in both the itunes and/or Windows format?

jperl02 wrote:
I can’t see a list of the songs that are on the e280 player when I go to My Computer and Explore the files on it.  There isn’t any folder for them.

Switch your USB mode. Files transferred in one mode (MTP or MSC) are not visible or accessible in the other. Also the MUSIC folder is hidden by default. You have to tell Windows to ‘un-hide’ it.

I want to Format the player and then reload it. Will this erase ALL the files that are on it to include any operating files?  

Formatting will erase all user-installed content, but not firmware or system files.

Does it make a difference if the songs loaded are in both the itunes and/or Windows format?

Probably. But as long as the itunes stuff is .mp3 and not .mp4 or .aac or any of that I-propriatary crap, they should play.

jperl02 wrote:
I can’t see a list of the songs that are on the e280 player when I go to My Computer and Explore the files on it.  There isn’t any folder for them.

Switch your USB mode. Files transferred in one mode (MTP or MSC) are not visible or accessible in the other. Also the MUSIC folder is hidden by default. You have to tell Windows to ‘un-hide’ it.

I want to Format the player and then reload it. Will this erase ALL the files that are on it to include any operating files?  

Formatting will erase all user-installed content, but not firmware or system files.

Does it make a difference if the songs loaded are in both the itunes and/or Windows format?

Maybe. As long as the itunes stuff is .mp3 and not .mp4 or .aac or any of that I-propriatary crap, they should play. If they are, you’ll have to convert them.

Thanks, Tapeworm.