e200 - How to play retrieve and select music files from MicroSD

Hello, i have some MP3 and WAV files in my MicroSD card.

The MicroSD card is slooted into the SanDisk Sansa e200 unit.

Can some please advice how to retrieve, select and play music files from the MicroSD?

Deeply grateful

Message Edited by cathoptions on 07-30-2009 01:43 AM

Additional note…The unit is e200 version 1

Does it mean that Version 1 does not support retrieval of files from the MicroSD?

Thank you

Version 1 only supports MicroSD up to 2GB.

Anything bigger is a different “format” and won’t work on your Sansa.

(UNLESS you use “rockbox,” which is a different “Operating System”- it’s free but somewhat harder to use. Read the instruction manual if you want to see if it will work for you.)

@cathoptions wrote:

Hello, i have some MP3 and WAV files in my MicroSD card.

The MicroSD card is slooted into the SanDisk Sansa e200 unit.

Can some please advice how to retrieve, select and play music files from the MicroSD?

The songs stored on the SD card will be listed along with all the other songs in your Artist, Album, & Song lists on your player. The player will see and play all seamlessly, even if you select “Play All” and/or Shuffle mode.

In the Song listing, the songs residing on the external memory card will have a little square icon on the left of the song title indicating it is stored on the card. :wink:

PS - Don’t be confused and expect the see the card’s songs in a separate listing. That would require folder navigation which is not supported (meaning it doesn’t have it) on the e200 series players. The players only ‘sees’ & reads the ID3 tags for it’s info.

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.  Greatly appreciated !!

I now could read the MP3 files on the 2GB MicroSD.

One thing though, i could not find one WAV. file that is on the same 2GB MicroSD.

Question:

Does that mean e200 V1. does not support Wav.file?

If it does, how to find it?

THANKING YOU in advance.

@cathoptions wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.  Greatly appreciated !!

I now could read the MP3 files on the 2GB MicroSD.

One thing though, i could not find one WAV. file that is on the same 2GB MicroSD.

Question:

Does that mean e200 V1. does not support Wav.file?

If it does, how to find it?

THANKING YOU in advance.

The Sansas find, read & display track info (artist, album, song title, etc.) gotten from the ID3 tags of music files like .mp3. WAV files don’t have ID3 tags, but you should be able to find it by the file name.

Try looking under Unknown (in Song or Artist) for your .wav.

Hi,

i tried searching under

ARTIST - found Unknown, but still unable to find the WAV. file;  ID3 tags MP3 files seen

ALBUM - found Unknown, but still unable to find the WAV. file; ID3 tags MP3 files seen

SONG - no Unknown seen, but ID3 tags are seen

i am still at a lost. Hope you could help further.

THANKING YOU in advance.