downloading videos to my fuze

I have been trying to download movies to my fuze without success. Needless to say I am getting frustrated. One reason I bought the fuze was for this function.  I have windows media player(vs 10) and the movies I have downloaded are in wmv format. I have downloaded the newest sansa media converter and it still says that I don’t have the right codec? I’m not sure what to do next. I am not the most technologically literate person, so please try to keep the answer understandable. Thank you.

stboggess

Da.  You are needing some codecs.  Here is for you:

CCCP

Seriously, the name is a play on words (abbreviations).  The Combined Community Codec Pack is what you will need, plus (since we’re converting to AVI for the Fuze), download Quicktime from Apple- it’s free.  But, be sure to uncheck the box asking if you’d like things like iTunes.

Well, unless you’re already using iTunes, but I digress.  The other option out there is the K-Lite codec pack, but that is a hairball in comparison.

I never thought I’d see the day when we would begin to forget “the Red Menace” of the Soviet Union, and the Cold War.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

neutron_bob wrote:

Da.  You are needing some codecs.  Here is for you:

CCCP

Seriously, the name is a play on words (abbreviations).  The Combined Community Codec Pack is what you will need, plus (since we’re converting to AVI for the Fuze), download Quicktime from Apple- it’s free.  But, be sure to uncheck the box asking if you’d like things like iTunes.

Well, unless you’re already using iTunes, but I digress.  The other option out there is the K-Lite codec pack, but that is a hairball in comparison.

I never thought I’d see the day when we would begin to forget “the Red Menace” of the Soviet Union, and the Cold War.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Indeed! :stuck_out_tongue: