Downloading Audio Books

Could someone suggest an audio book web site to go to that is compatiable to my SanDisk Sansa Fuze + player?

A lot of the ones I’ve gone to such as Audiobooks.com is not compatiable.

Thanks for any help on this.

I  use

http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/

link removed

Whoa there heavy!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

• Promoting or advertising illegal file download services may result in immediate ban.

And I think your suggestion qualifies. :dizzy_face:

whoops.

i have another suggestion:  if you live in “the west”, most likely your library has some kind of online downloadable audiobook database.  go get a library card and ask about it.

@heavy wrote:

whoops.

i have another suggestion:  if you live in “the west”, _ most likely your library has some kind of online downloadable audiobook database.  go get a library card and ask about it. _

Exxxxcellent suggestion. Free too. :smiley:

Just type “free audio books in the public domain”  in the search box of any web browser.  These books should be completely free.

I have downloaded from audio actually audible.com

it is comatibale you just need to sink your player to them its very easy. I have used my regular sansa fuze which died after about 2 years and I have the sansu fuze + which I hate! and it messes up all the time. good luck, oh you can also get free audio books from your public library all you need is a library card

I use OverDrive to borrow audio books from the library. Download the book to your PC, then use the Overdrive Media Console Transfer button to send it to the fuze+.  BUT, don’t use the default OverDrive file option to save the book, select the ‘advanced’ option and ‘Browse’ to the ‘Audiobook’ Folder on the fuze+ and then save there.

You will find that the ‘Podcast’ category on the home level menu on the furze+ has been replaced by ‘Book’. If you accept the default ‘Save’ option on Overdrive, your book appears in the ‘Music’ category.  

Re: My previous post.

Ah - that isn’t quite right, it still scrambles the chapter order.

This seems to work, but I’ve only tried it with a couple of books:

Download the book to your PC. ( Connect the Fuze+ if not already connected via USB.)

On the OverDrive Console which then opens, click Transfer on the top menu.

Click Next.

Click Advanced Options.

Click Browse.

Select ‘Audiobook’ in the file list.

Click Make New Folder.

Click OK.

In the Player Folder: file path, rename ‘New Folder’ to something useful, like the book’s title.

Click OK.

Click Next.

OverDrive will then transfer the book to the Fuze+, putting the chapters in the new folder you created and the drmxx.tmp file is located outside of the Audiobook folder.

I don’t know if it’s a quirk of Vista (the OS I’m using), or OverDrive or the Fuze+, but the books seem to want to start at chapter 10 - however, once you move to chapter 1 and start playing, the chapters continue in the correct order.

As I said, I’ve only tried it with a couple of books and I’ve only loaded one book at a time, but so far, so good.