Audio book

Hello

I just brought a sansa fuze.

I try to get an audiobook on the player, but wat I try It wont work.

I try with Itune’s( Itune recognize the audiobook) and another programs.

How can I get an audiobook on the player.

Ps I am Dutch and not good in English.

thank you.

dutchgirl

try the media converter! It’s super easy to use!

hi dutchgirl, can you please tell me what a autio book is? i have a sansa fuse 8bg and i dont know what it is and how do i put stuff into it? the audio book i mean!!

thank you…  kittykatt67

@testament wrote:
try the media converter! It’s super easy to use!

The Sansa Media Converter is only for videos and photos (but not really necessary for the photos).

It will do nothing for or with audio books.

But I’m glad you find it easy to use. :smiley:

@kittykatt67 wrote:

hi dutchgirl, can you please tell me what a autio book is? i have a sansa fuse 8bg and i dont know what it is and how do i put stuff into it? the audio book i mean!!

thank you…  kittykatt67

Audio books are exactly what the name implies. Books read by someone, sometimes the author, sometimes a celebrity with a pleasant voice that were recorded formerly on cassette tapes, then on CD’s and now are available to borrow & download from your local library (among other sources) in digital format and able to be listened to on your mp3 player just like music files.

These are great for those who enjoy reading, but maybe don’t have the time in their busy shcedule to sit down and read a couple of chapters, but maybe they have a long commute to work. A mp3 player is a lot smaller to lug around than a large hard-cover book (even paper-back).

Also (and I can appreciate this as I get older and have to ‘play the trombone’ with any reading material to get it focused properly) people with vision problems, however minor or severe benefit greatly from this form of media.

@dutchgirl wrote:

Hello

I just brought a sansa fuze.

I try to get an audiobook on the player, but wat I try It wont work.

I try with Itune’s( Itune recognize the audiobook) and another programs.

How can I get an audiobook on the player.

Ps I am Dutch and not good in English.

thank you.

dutchgirl

It really depends on the type of audiobook you have.  Can you tell us the source?  Is it 

• MP3 or unprotected WMA (like you’d get when ripping from CDs, or from free sites).

• .aa which is the format of audiobooks purchased from Audible.com.

• protected WMA, like you’d get from NetLibrary or OverDrive Media (public library audiobooks).  If so, from which source, NetLibrary or OverDrive (it makes a difference).

Once we know that, we can give the best answer for loading onto the Fuze.

The audiobook is in MP3, the source from the audiobook is bittorrens.

You should be able to just drag and drop those, using windows explorer, into the Audiobooks folder. First though, you need to make sure that your USB mode is set to MSC and not MTP.

Shame it doesn’t work so easily for podcasts. :wink:

Message Edited by BadCam on 02-20-2009 10:45 PM

@badcam wrote:

You should be able to just drag and drop those, using windows explorer, into the Audiobooks folder. First though, you need to make sure that your USB mode is set to MSC and not MTP.

My Question is:   Why wouldn’t drag and drop work for MTP?     I do it all the time.     I’m not 100% sure but  I think it will work in both MSC and MTP modes.       Try drag and drop first.      Or Copy/Paste on a windows computer and it should work fine.

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-20-2009 08:35 AM

@badcam wrote:

My Question is:   Why wouldn’t drag and drop work in MTP mode?     I do it all the time.     I think it will work in both MTP and MSC modes.       Try drag and drop first, without playing with your usb mode, otherwise you will have other problems such as seeing all the files you have copied in MTP and MSC mode.    Drag&Drop or Copy/Paste on a windows computer and it should work fine.

Yes, “drag and drop” will work in either USB mode.

Remember, the Sansa identifies all audiobooks, just like music, by the data in the ID3 tag.  If you download and install MP3Tag, you can have a look at the metadata of your audiobook file, and set the genre field to “audiobook”.

This can be important with unknown files, especially bittorrent (ewww) sourced files- which can be filled with any kind of unknown data.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@badcam wrote:

I’m with the other guys.  MTP works fine, also for podcasts.  Not sure why podcasts wouldn’t also work for MSC.  Can you tell us what you’re experiencing such that you can’t drag-and-drop podcasts successfully? 

No. Your are right about either mode being fine for Audiobooks. I just use the MTP mode. It doesn’t work for Podcasts though (with a qualifier) and allow me to just play them in the order I dropped them AND one after the other automatically. I have to use MP3tag to allow this to happen by setting up a playlist, where I find I don’t need a playlist with Audiobooks. I’ve talked about this a lot in other posts, so I won’t go into it further here. Thanks.

Got it, thanks.  Even my Zune, which has a setting to have oldest podcasts loaded first, described as for those who want to listen in the order of oldest to newest, mostly doesn’t play them in that order (or any order I can understand).

Thank you bob

It worked very good.:smileyvery-happy:

It took some time to founded out how the program worked, but it worked.

Thank you very much

Dutchgirl

@neutron_bob wrote:

Yes, “drag and drop” will work in either USB mode.

Remember, the Sansa identifies all audiobooks, just like music, by the data in the ID3 tag.  If you download and install MP3Tag, you can have a look at the metadata of your audiobook file, and set the genre field to “audiobook”.

This can be important with unknown files, especially bittorrent (ewww) sourced files- which can be filled with any kind of unknown data.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

According to this post by sansafix in the Clip forum, you can *either* tag as “Audiobook” as you say, *or* place in “Audiobooks” (with an “s” ) folder.

Given that, it seems easier to just plop the files into “Audiobooks”. 

Message Edited by jj2me on 02-22-2009 12:09 PM

good morning, i was just wondering what is an audio book?  thanks  :)  kittykatt67

Tapeworm gave a good answer back on page 1.

You get audiobooks from one of the following sources:

• Audible.com (pay),

• OverDrive Media (free downloads offered via your public library).  This link enables you to search to see if your library offers OverDrive audiobooks,

• NetLibrary (free downloads offered via your public library),

• free internet sources, like gutenberg.org or podiobooks or various other sites,

• ripped from CDs into MP3 of WMA format.

These are MP3/WMA versions of what used to be called “books on tape” when the stories were stored on cassette tapes.

“…what is an audio book”

It a book you would ordinarily READ yourself, but instead it is READ TO YOU. available in mp3, wma, CD-A, etc. formats. Title of books are limited though.