Display goes complete off - no sign of life while playing

Hi,

just bought a clip 8 gb, w/ latest firmeware.

I’m very irritated from the behavior of the display. It goes off complete after a few seconds while playing. I think that’s the time-out from the settings?

But, there is no visible sign that the player is on! The blue ring turn also dark, display complete black (no only the backlight), how do I know that the **bleep** thing is off or on? Often it’s in my car connected to my tuner with an aux-in cable, so when I switch off the tuner, I forget to switch of the clip, because - there is no **bleep** light. Yeah, I could hit the center button but … how do I enable the permanent glowing of the blue ring?

BTW: I know that the OLEd display have a shorter lifetime when permanent illuminated. That’s one reason for the timer-out (other is power saving) But why is the display then always on when connected to my pc & charging from usb? Shouldn’t it go off there also, because of lifetime-saving? )

It’s not an issue with the life of the display, it’s that the display and the blue ring use up battery power.  Turning them off after a certain amount of time prolongs the battery life in terms of being able to listen longer.  They are always on when they are connected to a PC because the power used is not an issue when on external power.  You can’t set them for “Always On” when on battery only.

You could use a charger cable in the car and see if it would stay on.  Most car chargers with the USB mini-B will work, like cell phone chargers.

I understand where the OP is coming from, and have left a player on in this situation.

I love that it looks off, I leave it on and clipped to my belt and walk into a formal setting and I can listen to my music, and nobody knows.

@conversionbox wrote:
I love that it looks off, I leave it on and clipped to my belt and walk into a formal setting and I can listen to my music, and nobody knows.

Uh, you don’t think they notice those things sticking out of your ears?:smileyvery-happy:

@jkj1962 wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Uh, you don’t think they notice those things sticking out of your ears?:smileyvery-happy:

Flesh Colored IEM’s, they are virtually un detectable.

You can change the backlight timeout settings under settings>backlight.

Everything turns off to get you the maximum playtime.

@conversionbox wrote:

@jkj1962 wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Flesh Colored IEM’s, they are virtually un detectable.

:wink: