disappointed with new update

Sandisk and Condusiv have bit off more than they can chew at this point.  I understand there are software bugs with all new pieces of technology.  I have waited patiently for them to correct the bugs.  This new update doesnt’ correct the bugs that is most prevelant in the software.

I still have cashing issues with the cashe read still being at zero and the size of cashe stil reading 0.07 this is simply unacceptable and you should feel the same way too.  I have deleted the unique “partition” that this software creates because this propitiatory software has been a failure.  I will use this as a secondary hard drive.   they should not have released software in the " alpha" stages it needs more work and I will not wait another 6 months for another software update.  

I will say this has potential, but they they released it before it was functional.

Please reply if you have had problems with this as it will serve to let sandisk know they have not met customer expectations.

I feel i have been very patient with them I got this disk in october and 3 months later this software has been a failure.  I encourage comments.

I’m sorry dear “ltdanman”, but this new version 1.1.0 running carefree home.

Of course, a cache reset was performed but it was to work better then.
For the moment, I can only congratulate the developers.

Good weekend to all

after updating through the software i was unable to reactivate. the program tells me my key is not valid.

from what i can gather, the caching service is active, but the fact that the software can’t tell me that is totally unacceptable. i’ve wasted hours uninstalling and reinstalling in the hope of fixing the issue - i bought this device to save me time, not to have my time wasted.

needless to say this is reflecting badly on sandisk.

did you upgrade from a user account other than the user account that was used for the original install? I had a similar issue. Uninstalling the expresscache application and reinstalling worked for me and I was able to activate the latest version. Can you try uninstall and reinstalling the new version?

firstly, no i didn’t reinstall on a different account.

secondly i’ve tried reinstalling many times and it’s had no effect, apart from resetting the cache. i even tried manually removing the  registry entry after uninstalling, only to find my product key already present (in the registry) after i reinstalled the software, but before reentering it.

the only thing i can think that might have caused the issue is that the software was originally installed on a seperate drive to my OS (like the rest of my programs). whatever happened, it worked correctly before, and it doesn’t work now.

if you ahve tried deleting the registy entries and then doing a full install but you are still getting the message I would contact sandisk support and see if they can get you another serial. hopefully that will work. 

@xxxxx wrote:

after updating through the software i was unable to reactivate. the program tells me my key is not valid.

from what i can gather, the caching service is active, but the fact that the software can’t tell me that is totally unacceptable. i’ve wasted hours uninstalling and reinstalling in the hope of fixing the issue - i bought this device to save me time, not to have my time wasted.

I am having the exact same problem as you. I updated and now the sofware won’t activate. 

hi guys,

after reading this, maybe my problem even “saved” me ?

because im not even able 2 install the new version, after accepting the license, the button 2 go on ist still greyed out, after goin back 1 step and forward again, the button is fully shown and seems (!) to b pushable, but doesnt work: no reaction

(besides this, the **bleep** prog still resets the cache each time i reboot, so there really cant b spoken about an acceleration of the boot process lol, im really disappointed about this product and thinkin about uninstalling the whole thingy)

@visnoctis wrote:

hi guys,

after reading this, maybe my problem even “saved” me ?

because im not even able 2 install the new version, after accepting the license, the button 2 go on ist still greyed out, after goin back 1 step and forward again, the button is fully shown and seems (!) to b pushable, but doesnt work: no reaction

(besides this, the **bleep** prog still resets the cache each time i reboot, so there really cant b spoken about an acceleration of the boot process lol, im really disappointed about this product and thinkin about uninstalling the whole thingy)

you ahve to scroll to the bottom of the EULA then the next button wwill let you click it. 

@k1dblitz wrote:

@xxxxx wrote:

I am having the exact same problem as you. I updated and now the sofware won’t activate. 

if you upgrade from a different user account than the one used for the original install this can happen. just do a full uninstall and then reinstall the new verison and you should be good to go. 

It’s the same user account.

solved my own problem.

went back into the registry and found the entry for “InstallFolder” still said G:\ when it should have said C:. this issue obviously came about due to me installing the software in a non default directory the first time, and is certainly something that should have been addressed in the software.

what still confuses me is that i completely uninstalled and deleted the registry entry, so i have no idea why the old entry managed to reappear.

to anyone else having this issue, it’s worth checking the “installfolder” value in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diskeeper Corporation\ExpressCache” matches your installation directory.