Dead Sansa Clip 4GB?

Ugh… I haven’t tried fixing this in months.  I’ve come for help.  Ok so one night, I was listening to my Sansa.  I turn on and then decided to turn it off.  Then i felt like turning it back on.  I noticed that the Sansa freezes on the welcome screen (is that what it’s called?).  So i tried to turn off and back on it still freezes i tried every reset i could find on this forum every fix, everything.  Also, when i plug it into my computer, it doesn’t even reconizes it.  So i can’t really do anything about it except ask for help.  If I can’t fix this, then this was a waste of an on sale Sansa Clip 4GB from Best Buy for $45 (or was it $35, I forgot).

@aznchris wrote:
Ugh… I haven’t tried fixing this in months.  I’ve come for help.  Ok so one night, I was listening to my Sansa.  I turn on and then decided to turn it off.  Then i felt like turning it back on.  I noticed that the Sansa freezes on the welcome screen (is that what it’s called?).  So i tried to turn off and back on it still freezes i tried every reset i could find on this forum every fix, everything.  Also, when i plug it into my computer, it doesn’t even reconizes it.  So i can’t really do anything about it except ask for help.  If I can’t fix this, then this was a waste of an on sale Sansa Clip 4GB from Best Buy for $45 (or was it $35, I forgot).

I am having the same problem. Mine was a 2GB from Woot. It’s a refurb so it’s not covered under warranty. Depending on your Clip, Sandisk has a 1 year warranty on the Clip. You may want to contact them if you can’t fix it.

I’m holding out hope that running a firmware update will fix my problem. This is listed under the troubleshooting section of the main Sandisk website.

@ajpresto wrote:

I am having the same problem. Mine was a 2GB from Woot. It’s a refurb so it’s not covered under warranty.

If it’s the most recent Woot sale of refurbished Clips, it comes with a 90-day Woot warranty.