CRUZER MICRO 16GB U3 LAUNCHPAD WONT LAUNCH BUT IT DOES ON MY OTHER USB

When i insert my USB U3 launchpad won’t come up so that I can enter my password. It must be the acutal USB because my other USB which is the same as this one launchs U3 and allows me to put my password in. Does this mean that the USB is now corrupt and cannot be used, how am I going to access my data now. I really need to access my uni work on it and I cannot,

I won’t be using a USB Cruzer with launchpad again if this is the case I will just pasword protect my documents and put them onto a USB without all of this on. I put my work on there in case my PC messed up, but sadly it is the USB that has messed up.

ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO RETRIEVE THE DATA WHEN I CANNOT GET U3 TO LAUNCH TO ENTER PASSWORD.

Well, it depends on what operating system you are using it on, what version of U3 you have on it, how you have U3 set up on it, and what AutoPlay options you have set…

On Windows 7 64-bit I have to run my U3 in Compatibility mode, Vista SP2, on Windows 7 32-bit I don’t.  Your situation may be similar.

It’s also possible the version of U3 on your Cruzer is an older version than the one on the Cruzer that works and needs to be updated.

And then there is the possibility that Windows is assigning the Cruzer’s U3 CD drive to a drive letter used by something else.

Are you able to see the U3 CD drive in Windows Explorer?  If so what happens when you dbl click on the LaunchU3.exe?