Corrupt photo

Hello,

First of all, I have been using great SD for probably few years and never had a problem until ran into something fishy with my scan reader (SD to USB).  So, I tested by copy into my iPad and it was fine.  No problem.  Then I tested on my 2nd PC.  It was fine.  But had trouble getting my first PC to work.  Then finally succeed to copy photo into my 1st PC.  Unfortunately, I found two corruption photos for first time by using SanDisk brand after I have shoot probably more than 20k photo something.

So I re-check photo on my 2nd PC and iPad and those two photos were fine except my 1st PC.  The USB seems having problem in front of PC.  So I tested on back side of PC.  It runs much better but I do see one corrupt file in Window screen (showing all photos).

I attempted to post pic here but seems not working.  So, the pic is showing aqua color at bottom of the picture.  The other one was purple with duplicated on bottom at misplaced photo.

Yes, I tried to use Insert/edit image but no luck getting it work.

What I have is SDHC Extreme Pro SSD 16 GB

Thanks.

:smiley:   Hi Tomcat14,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

So, I tested by copy into my iPad and it was fine. No problem. Then I tested on my 2nd PC. It was fine.  ]

If you have PC, only use “USB card-reader” of first mark, (most are fake and very poor quality).

1-    Please, clean the pins of the card, and device slot, with isopropyl alcohol (or also, the medicinal).

2-    If still bad: test your card, in other laptops, directly to its port-card (not USB card-reader), and see what happens.

3-   If still bad: in Start / My Computer, on the card icon, click the right mouse button, and then click in Properties/Tools/Error Checking and Repair.

Well, this is the first step…

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Hello,

Sorry for very late reply.  Thanks for the response.

Yes, I did tested my card on laptop and it works fine among with 2nd PC, and iPad but my first PC.  So, I suspect USB issue with PC itself which was in front.  So I used other USB San Reader insert in the back and it worked fine.  Excel files works fine in front USB.  So weirdo. 

Here is what is happening.   :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Losing your memorable photos is very hard for anyone but don’t worries you don’t have to suffer with this a lot now because I have used a tool that can easily recover your lost or mistakenly deleted photos back to your SD card. Using Card Data Recovery Tool to recover deleted lost photos from several models of Sony Digital Cameras. It can easily recover RAW file format such as ARW and SR2 that is used by Sony camera. Besides Sony, it can   recover photos and video from other brand of digital camera like Kodak, Olympus, Samsung, Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Sigma, Minolta, etc