Converting my DVD to Fuze?

Is there a way that I can download my owned DVD onto my Fuze, preferably without having to install anything?

That really depends on what you already have installed. If you already have Sansa Media Converter, WinAvi, etc. then no. If you dont have them, then no you cant put the DVD on without a new program.

What you can do, but is slower and more complex is install DVD Fab free, burn it onto the PC, then use Handbrake to format it to whatever you want it too. That might work, havent tried it yet :wink:

Al 

@phoniusbolonius wrote:

What you can do, but is slower and more complex is install DVD Fab free, burn it onto the PC, then use Handbrake to format it to whatever you want it too. That might work, havent tried it yet :wink:

Al 

The OP said with out installing anything, but yeah that might work, I would sugget DVD Ripper to get the disk on the PC and then Any-DVD-Converter to convert the file.

Hello, Iam not a  computer person and I have the same question. I have become very frustraited trying to load videos on my Fuze. I was able to down load music and digital photos. I have Sansa Media Converter, Realplay and a few others. Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to down load? I want to put videos from my digital camra as well as from Discovery.com and National Geographic.com. I have tried to get infromation from Sandisk as well as from Office Depoit where the Fuze was purchased with out sucess. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Groundhog100   

I’ve found that using the freeware from Effect Matrix (http://www.effectmatrix.com/free-DVD-copy/index.htm) to rip the DVD into WMV format works.  It takes a while (hour or more), depending on the DVD I guess.

After I rip the DVD, I’ll run it through the SMC to get it on my Fuze.

I haven’t done any playing around with the video settings on the EM DVD Copy freeware other than changing the screen resolution to 224x176 before I rip the DVD.  So far it’s worked okay. 

The only small issue I’ve had is that on a couple of DVD’s it has cut off the last few minutes, which doesn’t matter when it’s the credits (that are too small to read anyway).

Hope this helps.

For DVD’s they have to be converted first.

I bought anydvdconverter and have had success with that. Then I use SMC.

Convert the file AVI, then you can use SMC.  Just plug in your Fuze, open to SMC, click on the fuze (or card if you have one), then “add media”, open the file, it shows up on SMC and then choose “convert”. 

It takes a while, but works.

I have about 40+gb of movies on various cards.  15+gb of tv shows. 

There’s also an SMC board with more info…

Months ago, I tried this methodfrom ComfortablyNumb.

Through installing and running the various converters listed, there’s a suite included that has a YouTube downloader and upload application.

Once the files are on your hard drive, it’s a basic operation to drag and drop the files into teh Sansa Media Converter.

As a plus, video converted and saved to a µSD card will play interchangeably on the e200 version 2 and Fuze!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

How to Convert DVD to Sansa Fuze/View/E200 series stey-by-step?

Here is 4-Step to convert DVD to Sansa Fuze/ View/ E200 Series/ MP3 Player:
Step 1: Install and run DVD to Sansa Media converter or Sansa Suite Converter.
Step 2: Insert the DVD into your DVD drive and Click “Load DVD” button to load DVD.
Step 3: Select video formats from “Profile” drop-download list.
Step 4: Set the special settings such as “trim”,“effect”,etc to meet your needs and click “Start” to start your conversion.

Sharp tools make good work, the key-point of downloading DVDs to Fuze is that a suitable DVD Ripping tool to rip dvd to Fuze-friendly format …

For DVD fans, Handbrake is no stranger as a free DVD Ripping software. If you just rip DVDs now and then or have no special requirements like editing, adjust parameter for DVD Movies. Handbrake is quite qualified for Ripping DVD to Fuze.

You can get the last version Handbrake

At the same time,  DVD purchased or rented from stores always have copyright protections. You can try something called dvd ripper software, it is able to rip dvds to computer in 1:1. it is also capable to save dvd to Fuze fast and losslessly … it can bypass all kind of dvd copyright protection schemes, so it is able to rip copyright protected dvd movies.

Not like some ordinary DVD rippers, it will not break the video into pieces, it will join all DVD titles and chapters and make them as one standalone video file, thus you can play it on your Fuze …

To convert DVDs and store them on your PC, I use and recommend, FairUse Wizard 2 (there is a free “light” version). To get a resized version for use on my Sansa Fuze, I’m currently using FuzeVidz and then I drag-and-drop the resized movie to my Sansa Fuze (while its connected to my PC).

Enjoy Video and Music on Sansa View, Sansa Fuze, MP3 player

Step1: Connect your Sansa video or MP3 Player to your computer through the USB connection.

Step2: Download Sansa Video Converter for Mac and run it.

Step3: Add Video or audio files to Convert.

Click “Add File” button to load your videos from your computer. Select the video files you want to convert. Also you may preview your video by clicking the left play button.

Step4: Preview and Select

Step5: Edit the video with the function button:

Step6: Select the format for your Sansa files.

You may select “Sansa Video MPEG-4 (*.MP4)”.

Tips: This format is to generally use. If you want to convert your videos into portable players you’d better select format according to your player. Then the output videos would be much more compatible with your player.

Step7: Start to convert the files.

Looks like the spammers are making this forum a regular pit stop…

TomJensen wrote:
Looks like the spammers are making this forum a regular pit stop…

And they’re getting sneakier about it.

mp4kits wrote:

<Link Removed>

Step 2: Insert the DVD into your DVD drive and Click “Load DVD” button to load DVD.
Step 3: Select video formats from “Profile” drop-download list.
Step 4: Set the special settings such as “trim”,“effect”,etc to meet your needs and click “Start” to start your conversion.

Pure unadulterated

mp4kits wrote:

<Link Removed>

Step 2: Insert the DVD into your DVD drive and Click "Load DVD" button to load DVD.
Step 3: Select video formats from "Profile" drop-download list.
Step 4: Set the special settings such as "trim","effect",etc to meet your needs and click "Start" to start your conversion.

Pure unadulterated