Playing DVDs on my Sansa Fuze

Is there a way to download and play owned DVDs on to my Sansa Fuze (8g)? I have Sansa Media Converter and Wmp11 and would like to know how to do this. Can someone please give me the basics of how to do this. (I am not very computer/mp3 literate)

Thanks Dbra

I think first you need to rip the movies to your computer from the dvd.  Then open Sansa Media Converter and drag the movie on dvd to it.  Then click convert.

Message Edited by Akvuski on 02-19-2009 03:48 PM

@akvuski wrote:
I think first you need to rip the movies to your computer from the dvd.  Then open Sansa Media Converter and drag the movie on dvd to it.  Then click convert.
Message Edited by Akvuski on 02-19-2009 03:48 PM

Correct.

Except the SMC doesn’t always handle the DVD’s .vob files. In fact, I’ve never had any luck with this. I have to first convert them to .avi, then run them through SMC for final conversion and transfer to the player and/or card.

It can be a challenging process.

Rip the movie to what format?

@jbcohen wrote:

“Oh Lord! They have eyes, but they do not see!” 

@tapeworm wrote:

I have to first convert them to .avi, then run them through SMC for final conversion and transfer to the player and/or card.

1.) Open eyes.

2.) READ printed content.

3.) Process read content with  . . . what is it? Oh yeah, a brain!

4.) Question not necessary! 

:wink:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 02-20-2009 11:10 AM

I use anydvdconverter to put mine to .avi and then use SMC.   it does take time but I can do other things while it’s doing that.  No biggy.

Check out the SMC board and you’ll find more info on this subject as well as other alternatives.

Tapeworm,  Don’t you have anything better to do than insult people? Why do you feel it necessary?

It’s kinda offense people Tamp. =)

ickster, I know this is your way of inviting me to come out & play, but I must decline.

It’s not sporting to have a war of wits with an un-armed man.

@akvuski wrote:
It’s kinda offense people Tamp. =)

This wasn’t offensive:

@tapeworm wrote:

Except the SMC doesn’t always handle the DVD’s .vob files. In fact, I’ve never had any luck with this. I have to first convert them to .avi, then run them through SMC for final conversion and transfer to the player and/or card.

It can be a challenging process.

What was offensive was that the very next post said:

@jbcohen wrote:

One should read, then post. Not the other way around.

And did you notice the :wink: smiley in my response? If I were truly intending to be offensive or insulting, I would have used the :angry: smiley.

So chill already. :smiley:

I’m talking about you telling people to open eyes, not those post, dannng…