Continue playing after all songs by artist

I may be missing something simple, but right now, if I select “Play All” for an artist, when all of the songs from the artist are played, then the songs are either repeated, or the player stops playing (based on the settings).  Is there a way to tell the Clip+ to “Play All” for an artist, then when the songs from the artist have been played, go to the next artist on the player?

Thanks,

Eric

Sorry, I don’t believe so.  Instead, you would have to play all (as vs. a particular artist) or create a playlist.

You could choose music, artists, play all, then press the button at 6 oclock and choose back to music list, then scroll down the list to the first song of the artist you want to play and select it. When all his songs are done, then next artist in alphabetical order will play.

You could use the go list and put all the songs of an artist or album on it by selecting it and holding the button down. The go list is limited to 200 songs though.

You could put the songs into a folder on the player, and use folder mode (music, folders) and play the folder.

Thanks, I’ll give these suggestions a try.

Eric

Well that sounds nice in theory, I usually play songs by Albums. Ok let’s say I have 100 albums on the clip+, and I start by selecting Play All under Abums, and then want to go back to the song list, but the Album I want for it to start at is maybe the 50th album…so then I have to scroll down 50 album’s worth of songs (maybe 500 songs) before I find the album I want. This is idiotic, the clip should be able to play and Album or an Artist, and then when finished go right on to the next Album or Artist.

“You could choose music, artists, play all, then press the button at 6 oclock and choose back to music list, then scroll down the list to the first song of the artist you want to play and select it. When all his songs are done, then next artist in alphabetical order will play.”

So use the go list instead. You can put an album at a time on the go list. Just select the album, and continue holding the center button to put the album on the go list. The only probrem is that the go list only holds up to 200 songs.

Thanks for the idea on folders.  I have been using this feature for a week or so now, and it is working exactly as I  wanted since my directory structure is Artist/Album.

Thanks again,

Eric