Stuck on one artist

I have a Sansa Clip+ and it is stuck on playing only one artist. I have tried pushing every button on the player and can’t get it to play the rest of the songs. What do I need to do?

You might try pressing the small Home button, which will bring you to the top level of available selections, allowing you to easily “start over.”

Turn the REPEAT option off.

My girlfriend’s Sansa Clip+ MP3 player is only playing one atrist, we can’t get it to play any of the other music that is on the player. The repeat option is off, we’ve tried every option available on the player. It only wants to play the 11 songs by that artist.

Could someone please tell me how to turn it off & get it to play the rest of the songs?

Thank you.

If you’re sure REPEAT is turned off, all I can suggest is to format the player, which will erase and clear the memory and then re-load the content. If that doesn’t work, the other other option is to manually re-install the firmware; there might be a glitch somewhere.

@tdorssom wrote:

My girlfriend’s Sansa Clip+ MP3 player is only playing one artist, we can’t get it to play any of the other music that is on the player. The repeat option is off, we’ve tried every option available on the player. It only wants to play the 11 songs by that artist.

Could someone please tell me how to turn it off & get it to play the rest of the songs?

«We’ve tried everything» – does that mean you’ve also been in the folder mode and tried to access other folders and songs therein? What happened then? Or what’s happening when you’re trying to access a song from a different artist in the «Music» mode? This would be interesting and maybe helpful to know.

Moreover: Is the music that works of the same file format as the rest? Which?

I tried to access other music from the folder mode. It just keeps going back to the same artist. It shows there are only 11 songs by this artist. It doesn’t show the other artists. There were ove 500 songs on this MP3, and now it shows only 11. Is it possible that the rest somehow got deleted? And why would they all be deleted except for these 11 songs?

I’m not sure what format the other music was. But the MP3 has worked for a couple of years, and we are just now having problems with it.

I don’t clearly understand what you’re describing. When you’re trying to access another folder, can you at least open it? Are there other folders at all, or is all your music in one folder (Music)? Can you see any other music files apart from those that are playable?

Or another approach: If you connect the player with your computer, can you see the files that won’t play there?

No, we cannot see the other folders when it is hooked up to the computer. It shows that all the space is used, and yet there is no music there apart from the 11 songs by this one artist.

I tried to take a screen shot of what the internal memory looks like when I open it, but I don’t see any place to insert it.

I cannot make it any clearer than I already have. My girlfriend & I are not tech geeks, so we have no idea how to use ‘folders’ or what ‘format’ it’s in. All we did was plug it in to the computer and download songs.

There is no music that we can access except for 11 songs by Adam Lambert!!! Yet, when I plug it in to the computer, it shows only 905mb of space left. BUT THERE ARE NO SONGS THAT WE CAN GET TO!!!

If you could please put it in ■■■■■’s terms, I would really appreciate it.

If you go down past Artist, Album, Song, etc on the unit, onto the next page, you should see Folders. Click into those and see if there is other material besides Glambert. 

Or to help your computer see what’s on there, here’s a step-by-step.

Turn on the unit. 

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode. You’ll see three: MTP, MSC and Auto Detect (which just switches between MTP and MSC).

USB Mode is confusing. It’s the pipeline from the computer to the unit. The unit should see everything in its memory. But your computer can only see one mode at a time–so if you sent over 500 songs via MTP and 11 via MSC, and you have your USB mode set to MSC, your computer will only see 11 songs. 

If you have switched between computers, Auto Detect may have sent the songs over via two different USB modes. 

So try both modes and see if one of them makes the rest of the files visible to your computer. 

There is also the complete-purge option. If you have all your files elsewhere and want to just empty the unit and start again, go to Settings/System Settings/Format. That will erase everything you have put on the unit and you can load it up again. I’d suggest MSC–it’s less complicated. 

1 Like

Thank you so much for putting it into ■■■■■’s terms!! We finally figured out how to format it again, so that’s what we went with…nothing else seemed to work. Now when we plug it into the computer it shows that the MP3 is empty again, so she can start to reload songs. How do we make sure it is in MSC mode? Do we just select it from the menu?

Thank you again for your help!!!

Yep–set the USB mode under the player’s System settings.  And please stay away from “Auto,” which can switch between the 2 modes, the little devil . . . .