Confused New Buyer (Two Issues)

Hello. I just received my new Clip Sport and loaded up my player with the latest firmware (1.29) and a 32 GB SD card of songs.  I love the way my player looks and sounds, but there are two things that I’ve found baffling:

1. In Folder mode, all my folders and songs show up in a weird random (not alphabetical) order.  How can I get the items to show up alphabetically by their filename?

2. Whenever I turn on my player again after adding or deleteing songs, the player asks me to re-set the Language and the Region.  This is rather annoying.  Is there a way to disable the question after each media refresh?

If someone can help shed light on these two issues, I would greatly appreciate it!

@tekkie wrote:

1) In Folder mode, all my folders and songs show up in a weird random (not alphabetical) order.  How can I get the items to show up alphabetically by their filename?

Folder mode bypasses the database all together. The files will show up in folder mode in the order they were added to the player. This cannot be changed. If you want to browse by alphabetically you can load the file all at one time or use the music browse and have the ID3 tags filled out correctly. 

1. Whenever I turn on my player again after adding or deleteing songs, the player asks me to re-set the Language and the Region.  This is rather annoying.  Is there a way to disable the question after each media refresh?

This is the normal behavior for this player.  

1 Like

Wow… I am sorry (and rather bewildered) to hear that, but thank you so much for your fast help!

1. To resolve the file sorting confusion using FOLDER mode, try using this app (for Win PC)

“Fat Sorter 1.0.4.0  from HolosTec”

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/sort-files-alphabetically-usb-stick-or-mp3-player.htm

1. To resolve the Language/ Region pop-up reminder, try this:

Settings -> System Settings -> Language -> English (or your preference)

This selection “sticks” for me using FW 1.27 and FW 1.28

I hope you will enjoy using all the handy features of your new Clip Sport

1 Like

I hade the same issues - as soon as I removed it from the USB port it worked just fine!

Very good point, We just get used to it by time.

“Fat Sorter 1.0.4.0  from HolosTec”

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/FAT-Sorter.shtml