For some reason whenever i try to sync my 4GB clip to Rhapsody and add new songs, Rhapsody says that it is downloading and transferring songs to device, but never maks any progress or adds any songs to the Clip. Anyone else have any problems like this? Not sure if it is a problem with the Clip or Rhapsody. thanks for your help
I have just run into the same problem. I’ve had the clip for over a year and it had been downloanding fine from Rhapsody. About a month ago, I tried to download from Rhapsody to Go, and got the error message “license storage not working.” Since then I have not been able to download a single song. I don’t have an answer, but hope someone comes along and helps out.
Two things are necessary for a Rhapsody To Go (DRM wma) transfer: MTP mode for the UID and Secure Clock access, and of course, a functioning secure clock.
The secure clock issue can be handled in one of several ways, brute force or a wee bit of finesse. Let’s try the finesse method first. Open the Rhapsody 4 client and connect the Clip. Have a look at the device as identified in the sources pane of the client. If it says E: SANSA CLIP with a drive letter assigned, the device is in MSC mode- transfer is not possible for subscription tracks.
On the other hand, if we see something like Sansa Clip 4GB listed, the device is in MTP, the correct mode. Right click on the device and see if Authorize / Deauthorize are listed as options. You can try alternately deauthorizing, then reauthorizing the device, then transfer one track from the music guide. Have a look in the lower right corner of the client screen, while the Sansa is selected. The Licensed until mm/dd/yy information should show in the corner, dated one month from the current date.
Next, here’s the secret handshake that may work for you:
- Press and hold [Ctrl] + [Shift] keys down.
- Mouse over the Sansa icon in the sources pane.
- Right-click on the device icon.
- Select Reset Secure Clock from the list that will appear.
See if you can now transfer Rhapsody tracks to your device.
If the above does not work, it’s possible that formatting the device, then reauthorizing it using the Rhapsody client will do the trick. Remember, formatting erases all media from the Sansa, and you will need to reload your music.
so I tried all of the above and still no luck. The Rhapsody looks just like it should and the bottome status bar says downloading song 1 of 1 and never makes any progress no matter how long I keep it attached. It will update all the licences on any songs currently on my device, but just won’t download any new songs. Any other suggestions?
I use this music recorder to Link Removed. (free version one which let me record music for 15 days). It is quite simple to use and straightforward. I haven’t done any formal testing, but the audio quality is as good as the original streaming file
This is not exactly legal so please do not link these programs on our Forum
I use this music recorder to < link removed >. (free version one which let me record music for 15 days). It is quite simple to use and straightforward. I haven’t done any formal testing, but the audio quality is as good as the original streaming file
This is also untheical and most likely _ illegal _. I doubt Rhapsody (a paid subsription music service) would recommend or encourage its use.