Clip keeps blanking out

I’ve had my Sansa Clip player a little over a year now, and I haven’t had any problems with it except for one time when it turned itself off while I was listening to it and on full battery. I couldn’t get it to reset or recognised on my computer when I tried plugging it in, so I gave up, left it for a day, and tried refreshing the database again, and it worked, and everything was fine after that. This was a couple of months ago.

Today I was listening to music on my Clip player when it suddenly turned itself off mid-song and the battery was almost full. My first thought was the same problem had returned. Instead, it came back to power and kept blanking out, repeating the cycle. I tried plugging it into my computer, and this time everything showed up as it normally does, charging my player like it normally does and displaying my playlist as it is. So I’m guessing my player isn’t completely gone, but since I can’t really use it as it keeps blanking out whenever I try to turn it on, I don’t know what the problem is or what to do. I enquired elsewhere, and I received suggestions that a wire may have come loose and if I can’t find a solution for it to ship it back and hopefully the problem could be fixed. I live in New Zealand, bought my player in New Zealand, so if it is indeed a wire problem and I have to ship it out somewhere I would like to know how I could go about doing this, or anywhere I could take my player to have a look at. 

Things to consider/try:

1.  Reset:  with the Clip off, hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds.

2.  Reapply the firmware–it could have become corrupted over time.  See the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

3.  Reformat the Clip under its Settings–this sometimes can fix unknown issues.  Note:  this will erase the content on your player.