Clip just quit

was listening to it at work. desk job. had it clipped to my button down shirt right under my tie. was not moving, and it just turned off. figured no big deal. came home, plugged into USB and nothing. tried different USB ports AND cables and i get nothing

tried the forced recognize methond (put on hold, hold center button 15sec) got nothing

whats the deal with this?

Message Edited by Slowy on 02-11-2010 04:20 PM

Try:

– reset:  hold the on switch uppermost 15-30 seconds

– forced connection:  with the Clip off and in hold (on switch down so that the orange shows), hold the center button down as you connect the Clip to your computer.

– reset:  hold the on switch uppermost 15-30 seconds

Negative

– forced connection:  with the Clip off and in hold (on switch down so that the orange shows), hold the center button down as you connect the Clip to your computer.

Negative. tried different ports as well

Message Edited by Slowy on 02-11-2010 04:40 PM

OK, now try leaving it plugged into a charge source for 12-24 hours–sometimes these little buggers will come back to life from that.

i really don’t think the battery died. but its plugged in now. what is the warranty period? i bought this mid/late december '09

@slowy wrote:
i really don’t think the battery died. but its plugged in now. what is the warranty period? i bought this mid/late december '09

Dec 09? 2 years in Europe, 1 everywhere else.

Did you try the reset a few times?  Sometimes I can’t get it to work 1st time.

tried the reset a few times, no luck

Do you have a wall adapter you could try? 

If the battery did run out it can take a while for it to start up if you plug it in completely empty, and will look like nothing is happening for a little while.

Have to say, you may have to talk to sandisk about an RMA.  If it’s only 2 months old it shouldn’t be happening.

i have a USB wall plug adapter that i use for my phone, but didn’t know if that would hurt it (never tried anything like that). i just sent SD an email about an RMA so i’ll see how that turns out first. i’d rather not plug it into the wall and have SD send it back saying i fried it (again, i could be sounding like a complete moron right now, but i just don’t know)

my work is suffering due to not having music on and not being able to hear the world around me and my wife is NOT liking not having music for her workouts, lol

so i emailed SD, got the RMA, got the label, the package ready and all that, and just for fun…hit the power button…viola!  now it turns on???

i havent TOUCHED this thing in 2 weeks

it is currently plugged into my computer and doing the following:

1. shows clip > computer pic with arrows scrolling in between while saying ‘connected’ at the top and the battery bar is scrolling

2. then shows the sandisk logo and ‘sweeps’ through it

and repeats #1, then #2 (above), etc

is this normal? i don’t really remember

i’m going to leave it charging for a while and see what happens

i may have to email SD and tell them to hold off on the RMA

just took it off of the charger and the battery is showing fully charged.

everything seems normal now… really strange