Clip constantly connects and disconnects

When I plug my Clip into my computer, it connects, displays “writing” on the screen, then almost immediately disconnects. This cycle seems to go on indefinitely.

According to the firmware sticky, it has the newest.

What’s the problem?

Message Edited by whoaru99 on 05-03-2008 12:22 PM

When i connect my sansa clip to my computer it goes to writing and then almost instantly disconects. what do i do?

I had this problem on one of my computers.  The problem was too many USB devices hooked up to an unpowered hub.  Unplugging one of the other devices fixed the issue short term.  Long term I got a hub with external power. 

Mine is plugged directly into the computer, no hub is being used.

I got the same problem.

It connects and disconnects.

What should i do?

-----*******----------*******-----------

I solved my problem…

I puted the USB Jumpers to VSB mode, to give more power and installed WMP11.

Thanks ;) 

Message Edited by Dashro on 06-16-2008 09:18 AM

Had the same problem. Solution: setting : USB mode + direct connection (not HUB, try all other USB port) + optional: try another USB cable or some old computers USB port support only the old 1.1 specs and not the 2.00 specs so try to connect your Clip to another computer. My problem was the HUB which worked ok with E250 Sansa but not with the Clip for some reason.

My one month old red clip is connecting disconnecting and not reading on Windows Media Player. I checked the andswithched the USB ports.  I have and extension cable and tried plugging directly into the USB.  I don’t even know what a hub is.  How can I correct this problem.  Is it related to the problems with charging the clip that I perused here?

The Clip needs to be plugged into a “high-power” USB port.  Try other USB ports on your PC, including any ports you may have on the back of your system box.

My Sandisk Sansa clip constantly connects / disconnects in any of the USB ports available in my PC. I’m not using any hub. Please advise how can I communicate between PC & this Clip, or How can I charge the batteries. Do the batteries get charged when the Clip is switched OFF & connected to a USB port ?

The Clip turns itself on when connected to USB, so yes.

@gmajumdr wrote:
My Sandisk Sansa clip constantly connects / disconnects in any of the USB ports available in my PC. I’m not using any hub. Please advise how can I communicate between PC & this Clip, or How can I charge the batteries. Do the batteries get charged when the Clip is switched OFF & connected to a USB port ?

If you turn off your Clip and connect it to the computer (which is powered on), it auto powers the Clip on. Unplug the Clip from the computer, and the Clip will remain powered on unless you manually turn it off or the auto-off mode will kick in and power off. HTH

The Clip should turn ON when plugged into a USB port (or AC adapter) and charge just fine.  If you switch the Clip OFF, it won’t charge.

If your Clip is having communications difficulties, or if you simply wish to charge on a PC USB port, try MSC mode.  The “disconnect” cycle should stop.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I have the same problem, If I remove the battery the disconnect cycle stops and I can communicate with the device.  When I’m done I can put the battery back in and it will still charge during the cycle.  Stupid work around, but it works.  Duh, and after plugging it into the back of the computer, it works fine…no cycling.

Message Edited by uzi_23464 on 11-18-2008 04:11 PM

Uzi, how do you disconnect the battery? Did you take the player apart? Please, explain detailedly how you do it…