Can't open flasf drive on one computer but can on another.

Can’t open flash drive (Cruzer Micro 1gb)on one computer  but can on another.  Both have Windows 7.  I get the folowing error message when trying to open:

An error has occurred while starting the U3 launchpad due to a problem with one of its components.  Remove & reinsert your U3 smart drive.  If the problem persists, contact the U3 smart drive manufacturer.

Any thoughts?  It worked the first time I tried on the new computer.  I’m wondering if I removed it wrong.

:smiley:  Hello!

If the UFD U3 Smart, works fine on another computer, then sure, it was a corrupt line, in the Register, and in ‘Application Data’, in this PC.

So, please do the following:

1 - Download CCleaner, free, (Piriform.com).
2 - Spend the CCleaner (cleaning and register) to the PC.
3 - Reboot the PC.
4 - Put the UFD U3 Smart …
5 - If the LaunchPad no opens, go to ‘My PC’ or ‘My Computer’ and open it ‘manually’,  and  ‘double click’ on the ‘virtual CD’, which put U3, there.
6 - Enjoy.

Regards, Alfred.    (Google translated).

Any thoughts?

Yes, try rebooting the computer then inserting the device.

Also be sure LaunchU3.exe is contigured to run in Windows Vista SP2 Compatibility Mode.

No need to download anything and risk screwing up your system.

:smiley:  ¡Hola!

El dilema del Cibernauta y su Pendrive sensible.      

Por Favor, NUNCA, reinicien la ‘PC de escritorio’, con la UFD (de cualquier Marca), enchufada.
Corren el riesgo de ‘quemar el Chip’ o de ‘arruinar su FirmWare’.

Como es sabido (o debería saberse), cualquier aparato electrónico, produce al encenderse,
“Inestabilidad de Voltage”, en la salida de su “Fuente de Alimentación”,durante un tiempo muy corto (milisegundos).
A esto, se lo llama “Pico Transitorio”, y para limitarlo, se pone en la “Fuente de Alimentación”, un circuito llamado “Saca Chispas”, que lo hace con más o menos fortuna, según su calidad.

Las ‘PCs de Escritorio’ (las Notebooks, no tanto, pues son de altísima calidad), tienen en general “Fuente de Alimentación” de baja calidad, barata, con reparaciones no Certificadas.
Ni siquiera, pueden producir los ‘5 Volt DC’ exactamente, que es lo que necesita el USB.
Lo pueden comprobar fácilmente, midiendo el Voltage DC, en el puerto USB con un “Tester de voltages”.

Y la UFD, tiene un ‘Chip sensible’ de ‘5 Volt DC’, con una tolerancia de [1% +ó-].

El CCleaner, es un programa esencial para Windows, y para los usuarios de internet intensivos.
El CCleaner, es un programa esencial, para los Técnicos que Reparan PCs.
El CCleaner, a sido usado por mí durante años, en decenas de PCs.

NUNCA, escuché ni leí, de algún problema originado por este excelente programa.

Por lo tanto, se puede utilizar sin miedo, porque no van a “meter la pata”…

Saludos, Alfred.   (Google traduce).

:smiley:  Hello!

The dilemma the cibernauta and his sensitive Pendrive.

Please, NEVER, restart the ‘Desktop PC’ with the UFD (of any brand) plugged.
They risk ‘burn the Chip’ or ‘ruin the FirmWare’.

As is known (or should be known), any electronic device, produces when turned on, “Instability of Voltage”, in the output of your “Power Supply” for a very short time (milliseconds).
This is called “Transient Peak” and to limit them, is put on the “Power Supply”, a circuit “Saca Sparks”, which makes it, with more or less success, according your quality.

The ‘Desktops’ (the Notebooks, not so much, because they are high quality) generally, have “Power Supply” of low quality, cheap,  with non-certified repairs.
Not even can produce ‘5 Volt DC’ exactly, what need the USB.
We can easily check, measuring the DC voltage in the USB port, with a ‘Tester of Voltages’.

And the UFD has a ‘sensitive Chip’ of  ‘5 Volt DC’, with a tolerance of [1% +or-].

CCleaner, is an essential program for Windows, and for intensive Internet users.
CCleaner, is an essential program for technicians repairing PCs.
CCleaner, to been used by me for years in dozens of PCs.
I have never heard or read, of any problems caused by this excellent program.

So, can use it without fear, because they will not “screw it”…

Regards, Alfred.   (Google translated).

Please, NEVER, restart the ‘Desktop PC’ with the UFD (of any brand) plugged.
They risk ‘burn the Chip’ or ‘ruin the FirmWare’.

Rebooting a pc, desktop or laptop or netbook, with a flash drive plugged in will NOT"‘burn the Chip or ruin the FirmWare’".  That is false information.

Booting or even powering on a pc with a USB drive plugged in will NOT"‘burn the Chip or ruin the FirmWare’".  That is false information.  I boot various recovery systems from USB drives all the time and have for years.  Never damaged or ruin any of them doing so.

CCleaner, is an essential program for technicians repairing PCs.

I’ve repaired many and never used it so I would hardly classify it as essential.

I spoke before.  I believe I did use CClearer, years ago, when I had Windows 98 or XP.  I also use to use Norton Utilities for mainenance in those days.