can't load music on my clip

so i accidentally formatted my clip and now my new pc won’t recognize that i even have it plugged in. the player doesn’t recognize its connected either

Did you reformat using the FAT32 format, the format that the Clips use/recognize?  If not, can you reformat, using your computer’s software, into that format?  If not so using Windows, specialized formating software available as Internet freeware can assist you–I’ve gone that route before. 

Found the name of the formatting software that I’ve had good luck with:  SwissKnife.   http://download.cnet.com/CompuApps-SwissKnife-V3/3000-2248_4-10070864.html

Note that formatting I believe changes the USB setting back to the default, Auto Defect which attempts to connect in MTP mode.

If you were using MSC mode for connecting and transferring files, you’ll have to manually reset this setting (Settings > System Settings > USB mode > MSC mode). Additionally, this mode allows your computer to see the player as just another flash-based memory location, like a flash or thumb drive. Very easy connectivity factor. 

MTP mode on the other hand, requires Windows Media Player 9 (or later) and your computer sees it as a musical device which must be ‘managed’ by software. Much more technical requirements for connectivity. And the only reason you need this mode is if you are using some sort of subscription-based or DRM-encrypted files, like from Rhapsody or audio books from your library or Audible.com.

Good information to have–but of first import, getting the player up and running again.

I didn’t see where the OP said the player was not up & running, only that neither it nor the computer would recognize that it was connected.

Maybe if the USB mode was changed, it might.

How about a “Reset to Factory Default”? Maybe try it as well.

@tapeworm wrote:

I didn’t see where the OP said the player was not up & running, only that neither it nor the computer would recognize that it was connected.

Maybe if the USB mode was changed, it might.

By up and running here, I meant having a player that a computer recognizes.  

@rickyjm wrote:
How about a “Reset to Factory Default”? Maybe try it as well.

All that does is reset all your personal settings (Brightness, Backlight time on, Sleep Timer, Auto Power Off, FM Presets, etc.).