Cant get Clip to turn on at all

I own the Sansa 1GB Clip,It has worked great up until this point.Now I cant get it to turn on at all. I can plug it in to my computer and see it as connected and reading and all that hoopla but when I unplug it it will do nothing. I have tried to hold the on button up for 30 seconds with no success…Is there any other suggestions. I have vista and have had it since I have owned it with no problems. Also just updated firmware…

You should return your Clip.  If you have charged it for at least 3-4 hours and it turns off after disconnecting, then it is a bad unit.

Go Sansa!

I have the same problem, what is the return info.

Thanks

I have the same problem.  Just purchased in Jan 08.  Did someone provide you with return info. 

I just went thru the same thing.  Same exact problem…it just would not hold a charge and not turn on.  I called Sandisk and told them what I had done to try to fix(charging on different computers, firmware upgrade, holding button in on position…).  I talked to the tech (in India) and he got my information (serial# on bottom, name address…) and they emailed me a RMA for UPS.  I sent it back last week and am waiting for my bright shinny new one.

It took me a while to find the support phone # on their web site but I just happen to have it here!!  1-866-726-3475

Good luck!

Unfortunately I have had it since right after Christmas with no box or receipt so I guess I just have to buy a new one…Thanks for all your suggestions!

wslovell-

Well, time is on your side.  The Clip has only been around for a few months, so there is no such thing as one that’s not within the warranty period.

I’d bet that with the exception of the guys in the loading dock, Christmas 2007 was a happy time for SanDisk, as a whole gaggle of new Sansas went down the road!

Call 1-866-SANDISK, and I am sure they can help you.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks Bob! You were right I just got off the phone with their Tech Support and they were very helpful.They are going to replace my defective equipment! I am pretty impressed.

Thanks Again!!!:wink:

I want to thank all of you guys.  I contacted the tech and they told me that I would be able to get a new one.  Now Im just waiting on the e-mail with the RMA attached.

Thanks Alot

Shakira

same with me and I CANT RETURN IT! I GOT IT FROM A FRIEND AND I DONT KNOW WHERE SHE GOT IT! I CANT BUY  NEW ONE EITHER! I AM 13 AND I DONT HAVE THE MONEY!AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

First, no need to shout–it’s ok …   :wink:

OK, then, just telephone SanDisk Customer Service and they should be able to help you.  And if the player can’t be repaired, it may be covered by warranty and SanDisk may be able to send you a replacement (there’s a 1-year warranty in the U.S. on the Clip, and I think the Clips only began shipping about a year or so ago (depending on the model)–best to call as soon as possible).

Here’s the contact information I found on the web:

1(866) SAN.DISK (North America)

1-866-726-3475
7 days a week:
4:00 am. - 10:00 pm. (PST)
7:00 am - 1:00 am (EST)

Let us know how it turns out!

Message Edited by Miikerman on 10-16-2008 03:10 PM

I’m just curious:  I got my Clip in March, and I’m dealing with this exact problem right now.  I’ve loved the thing up until about 48 hours ago, and now it suddenly - and for no discernable reason - just won’t turn on.  I’ve already spoken with Sansa and sent it back to them for replacement, so no worries there, but this seems to be a well-known problem.  I’m wondering if anyone knows if there’s something inherently “wrong” with the Clip that’s causing so many people to run into this same issue.

Imnotanoob wrote: 
. . . I AM 13 AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

And it shows!

Imnotanoob wrote: 
. . . I AM 13 AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

And it certainly shows!

@onthecouch wrote:

I’m just curious:  I got my Clip in March, and I’m dealing with this exact problem right now.  I’ve loved the thing up until about 48 hours ago, and now it suddenly - and for no discernable reason - just won’t turn on.  I’ve already spoken with Sansa and sent it back to them for replacement, so no worries there, but this seems to be a well-known problem.  I’m wondering if anyone knows if there’s something inherently “wrong” with the Clip that’s causing so many people to run into this same issue.

From what I’ve read here, a lead to the battery can become disconnected, such as with a fall.