Cannot get my Sansa Fuze into Recovery mode or reset

Hi All,

My Sansa cut out on me this week for no apparent reason.  The player would not response to a reset (holding the power button up for 30 seconds).  Nor will it go into a receovery mode while plugged into the PC and holding the power slide up while pressing on the |<< on the wheel.  The blue ring remains lite when plugged into the PC, however, the player freezes on the introduction splash page and is not being recongnized by the PC ( using Vista OS).  Please let me know i fanything else can be done to restore function of the player.  I got the player back in Dec. of 09.

Thanks,

Dan

For recovery, turn the unit off and put it on Hold. Then hold down the << while connecting. Don’t hold up the power slider.

Drellman wrote:

Nor will it go into a receovery mode while plugged into the PC and holding the power slide up while pressing on the |<< on the wheel. 

Maybe that’s because there is no Recovery Mode on the Fuze. Holding the REW |<< button while plugging into the computer with the HOLD switch on will force an MSC connection, nothing more.

But forcing MSC would allow Error-Checking (right-click on the unit in Computer, Properties/Tools/Error-checking) or a firmware replacement.