Can you get a virus on your fuze ????

I download a video that I think had a virus because when I tried to convert it it didn’t convert all the way then when opened my mp3 folder on the computer it had created five of the same file then when I go to delete all of them and go back but then go back to the folder all five are there again when I tried turning on my mp3 to delete it I did but then it frooze up and when I turned it back on it was there again so I tried deleting it again and it deleted only until my fuze started acting all screwy so I turned it off and when I turned it back on the file was there again so I decided to format it and see if that worked and it did stop showing up but am I in the clear or what ??

PLEASE HELP

Let me introduce you and your run-on sentence to Mr. Period ( . )

I read your post 3 times and I still can’t understand what you’re saying or what your problem is. Please try some punctuation marks and paragragh breaks. :wink:

Let me introduce you and your run-on sentence to Mr. Period ( . )

I read your post 3 times and I still can’t understand what you’re saying or what your problem is. Please try some punctuation marks and paragragh breaks. :wink:

HA HA your funny NOT Sorry

my problem is can a fuze get a virus or is there something else going on, my fuze keeped on creating the same file over and over and would not delete until I formated it

There is that better

Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 02-10-2009 09:00 PM

Ya sorry i’m just sick of people doing that in the forum.thanks for the help

my fuze is fine for now,as for my computer it’s had better days. I have an antivirus program now :smiley:

Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 02-10-2009 09:13 PM

@jrdnkasparek wrote:

HA HA your funny NOT Sorry you can’t read

my problem is can a fuze get a virus or is there something else going on

There is that better

smart ass

Cool out. Tape was just trying to give the situation some levity. He did not mean to sound like a Smart Alec (There are yougsters who read this forum so we try really Really hard not to swear). I have not heard of a case where a virus was transfers to the fuze. Is your fuze acting funny since you tried to add the video in question? If so use windows to format it, then reinstall the firmware, then use the internal settings to format again. This should clean your fuze of anything and everything. Also you should probably invest in AntiVirus software to prevent this in the future.

So Good Luck, and Watch your language please.

Technically its possible for a virus to be written for the fuze, but thankfully there are none.   The Fuze probably got confuzed, and the format fixed it .    

(Your edit caused me to take out my joke >.< darn! XD) :) LOL  Just a little humor, don’t take anything personal  ^_^  Enjoy the Fuze.

Cheers :slight_smile:

p.s. Converting videos to the Fuze is not an easy process, but there are ways to make it work.    Search the forum and you will find many people use a program to convert the video to a format the SMC program will accept.   There is always a way to get your videos converted. 

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-10-2009 08:08 PM

@niko_sama wrote:

better to be a smart butt, than a dumb butt :) LOL  Just a little humor, don’t take anything personal  ^_^  Enjoy the Fuze.

Cheers :slight_smile:

How about a jack-butt?:smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 02-12-2009 11:58 PM

ya sorry i’m just sick of people doing that. Thanks for the help

my fuze seems to be fine for now, as for my computer it’s had better days. i have a antivirus program now :smiley:

Marvin  you almost caused me to fall out of my chair laughing !!!  LOL !!!

that’s a funny pic there thanks for making fun of me LOL j/k :smileyvery-happy:

read edit to my first reply

@jrdnkasparek wrote:

HA HA your funny NOT Sorry

my problem is can a fuze get a virus or is there something else going on, my fuze keeped on creating the same file over and over and would not delete until I formated it

There is that better

Yes. That is much better. Thank You! :smiley:

Sansa players seem to be very particular in what they like and what they don’t in regards to videos. In your case of self-replicating files, formatting was indeed the correct course of action. This similar situation happens to me on occasion when I am simply using the Shift or Ctrl buttons to select multiple files/folders in Windows Explorer. All of a sudden it will start copying all that I have selected and I could have anywhere from 3 up to 90 copies of the same folder or file in a matter of seconds. Really! I don’t know why, but it can happen.

Hopefully, in your case the formatting cleared your Fuze’s throat, so to speak so now you should examine the video in question. Where did you get it? If it was off of a P2P site for example, Lord only knows what’s inside. If you have any anti-virus software (and you’re playing Russian-Roulette if you don’t) run a scan on the suspect file.

Next, what format is the video in, and did you run it through any other coversion process before turning it over to SMC to put onto your Fuze? The final format must be .avi but not all .avi files will work. I’ve been converting DVD’s to AVI using WinFF and then running through SMC to further convert & transfer to memory cards to use in my Fuze and e200 series v2s. So they are .avi going into SMC and they’re still .avi when they come out, but the SMC has altered them to the proper specs that will allow the Sansas to play them.

Let us know how this goes.

I got it from limewire, I know bad idea but wanted the video,and I use sansa media converter to add videos that the only way I know how.

in case u were wondering the video is stand up comedy by George Lopez who is very funny

my sansa is fine now, I think i’m going to hold off on adding videos for a while, it takes up memory anyway

Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 02-10-2009 09:34 PM

Yes, you can get a virus on to your Fuze. As to if the Fuze can be infected by a virus, I doubt it.

@pikidalto wrote:
Yes, you can get a virus on to your Fuze. As to if the Fuze can be infected by a virus, I doubt it.

Imagine the horror if your Fuze caught this one :dizzy_face:

Blood shot screen, foaming at the USB port, Scroll wheel is lethargic normally and over reacts when you almost touch it… It would be awesome, and sad at the same time