we can port viruses to the fuze?

yup.

@anyatui wrote:
yup.

Yopu can but they have little to no effect on the player. Of course if yopu send it back to the computer you can have troubles.

Yes and no.

For it to attack the Fuze, someone would have to write a virus specifically for the Fuze and find a way for it to become executable on the Fuze, that’s not likely to happen. 

However, the Fuze is also a usb thumb drive, which means it can transport viruses and infect other machine, so be careful when you share files from your buddies.

@narf wrote:

Yes and no.

For it to attack the Fuze, someone would have to write a virus specifically for the Fuze and find a way for it to become executable on the Fuze, that’s not likely to happen. 

However, the Fuze is also a usb thumb drive, which means it can transport viruses and infect other machine, so be careful when you share files from your buddies.

Of course, none of us would do such a thing, because we’re all law-abiding citizens

@narf wrote:

Yes and no.

Narf. Perfect explanation! I have seen where songs that contained viruses have made the fuze freeze in the refreshing screen like the file was corrupted, becaue well it was.

@anyatui wrote:
yup.

And just why, if I may ask, would you want to?

@tapeworm wrote:

@anyatui wrote:
yup.

And just why, if I may ask, would you want to?

Given anyatui’s previous posts, I would recommend not trying to comprehend his/her thinking. That way lies madness.

If a virus got into my fuze what should i do?Will formatting solve the problem?

Thanks,

SR 

@sr_rox wrote:

If a virus got into my fuze what should i do?Will formatting solve the problem?

Thanks,

SR 

ust use the fuzes internal delete function if it will boot up. If not plug it in and delete it from the fuze directly, in “My Computer” Just dont copy it to the computer.

Maybe anyatui is a virus   Run away, Run away!

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 03-28-2009 02:28 AM

You know the phrase, “There’s no such thing as a stupid question?”

I disagree.

I think he has to try a little harder to become a comedian.:smiley:

If you really want a virus, you can always use a good ol’ drill bit, although a simple splash of water should do the trick.

You can carry a virus on a fuze, but it won’t affect the MP3 player at all, since the virus isn’t written to work on the MP3 Player, only on a computer that is the correct OS, or version of the OS.

Virus W32.Downadup can infect usb keys it’s set to go off April 1. know one knows, what it will do. isn’t the fuse just that a usb key… if there was such a virus on your Mp3 player. A in player reformat should wipe it out. I worry about such things when I first buy a usb mp3 player and thats the first thing I do before ever plugging in such a device into my system. you hear about picture frames being sold at best buy with virus on them. from time to time it happens.

That w32.downadup only works if autorun is on for all your usb devices. good idea to learn how to turn that off.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 03-29-2009 11:52 AM

A good antivirus software that’s up-to-date and updating Windows is always a good idea.  I scan everything I download with my antivirus software before installing.

Or if you don’t want to worry about viruses you could always switch to a linux based OS, like Fedora or Kubuntu.  

but really virus are just… impolite, don’t mess with 'em!

Even without this lastest threat, an infected computer is a major headache.  I heard of someone who had their computer frozen by a virus and everything they tried, even taking it to a computer professional to get rid of it didn’t work.  A total system recovery was the only solution.  Even then, their computer still didn’t quite work right.

It made a Dell salesman happy, since they had to buy a new one.

@mags1230 wrote:

Even without this lastest threat, an infected computer is a major headache.  I heard of someone who had their computer frozen by a virus and everything they tried, even taking it to a computer professional to get rid of it didn’t work.  A total system recovery was the only solution.  Even then, their computer still didn’t quite work right.

As someone who does computer support on the side, and has done a lot of virus recovery I can tell you that lots of “virus issues” turn out to be bad memory. Especially when someone says that even after a total wipe and recovery it’s still not working right. 

@narf wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

As someone who does computer support on the side, and has done a lot of virus recovery I can tell you that lots of “virus issues” turn out to be bad memory. Especially when someone says that even after a total wipe and recovery it’s still not working right. 

I actually had my cmos chip go bad in a pc thought I had a virus, got it whiped, got a new HDD, new memory, I would up rebuilding the whole system before I figured it out.