Can softest volume be set lower?

The lowest volume setting is too high for background music, imo.  Is there any way to decrease the volume more?  I don’t notice any difference between the high and normal settings with this problem.

Possibly, although I don’t really think it would be an adequate substitute, you could set a custom EQ lowering all the bandwidths equally.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 09-22-2009 07:00 AM

It is only the radio that is too loud on the softest setting.

I too have difficulty with the volume being too loud even on the quietest setting, especially for FM Radio.  :frowning:

According to my experience, reducing the volume of the radio only works in the upper half of the displayed volume range. In the lower half, pressing the “-” button only continues to shrink the volume bar without actually reducing the volume.

Hi,

Any solution yet for this problem?

Radio FM is useless to me, minimum volume is too high… I don’t understand why it was designed this way

Message Edited by picotoSANSA on 01-23-2010 04:36 PM

try latest firmware with europe option. Should lower the lowest volume step by a far margin.

picotoSANSA wrote:

Radio FM is useless to me, minimum volume is too high… I don’t understand why it was designed this way

No. The problem didn’t make it on the developer’s ‘to-do’ list yet, but should be addressed in a future update. I agree it should have been Priority #1 as the original Clip suffered this malady out of the gate, but alas . . . whadaya gonna do?

picotoSANSA wrote:

No. The problem didn’t make it on the developer’s ‘to-do’ list yet, but should be addressed in a future update. I agree it should have been Priority #1 as the original Clip also suffered this malady out of the gate. One would think that this would be the 1st thing they checked for in the Clip+'s initial QA testing, but alas . . . whaddaya gonna do?

Thanks, at least it will be solved eventually. Same for the Clip?

Also, you could purchase an inexpensive volume control cable extender, available at places like Radio Shack, which have a volume control wheel on the cable.  An easy solution for now. 

picotoSANSA wrote:
Thanks, at least it will be solved eventually. Same for the Clip?

The same problem with the original Clip was fixed long ago in a firmware update.

Didn’t check that (I use the + now) :))))

I also find theminimum volume too loud. I like tolisten in bed before going to sleep. Without surrounding noises I’d prefer about half the loudness for the minimum volume setting.

subsequent stepsin loudness when increasing the volume are a lot smaller than the step from 0 to minimum volume …