Please fix the Clip+ FM radio volume

Hi all, a request for a possible future firmware update to the Clip+

The FM radio volume is much too high – I’m not sure if this is because I’m getting a good FM signal, or if it’s just an odd design of the Clip+ – but the FM radio is just too loud. For example, in a quiet room, if I lower the volume to one notch above zero, it’s too loud. If I then switch over to play an MP3, that plays perfectly quietly.

If this is by design – then can you please add a new setting to the FM radio options in settings that permits me to lower the radio volume, so that it’s closer to my MP3s?

This can indeed be compensated for in a future firmware, as the FM is an analog signal fed through the processor’s gain stage.  FM volume is more or less “normalized” as part of the FM demodulation / playback scheme, an easier task than picking up a “hot” AM radio signal.

I’d love to see the FM audio gain as an integrated option in the Radio Preferences menu.  In the interest of keeping things simple (just look how often folks “mute” the FM completely using the play / pause button), I’d keep it down to a few gain steps, a little “trim” flexibility, so to speak.

I agree with you , one of the few faults I can find with the initial Clip+ release (01.01.05) is the FM audio gain: it’s a wee bit hot.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with you , one of the few faults I can find with the initial Clip+ release (01.01.05) is the FM audio gain: it’s a wee bit hot.

The FM radio volume is much too high – I’m not sure if this is because I’m getting a good FM signal, or if it’s just an odd design of the Clip+ – but the FM radio is just too loud.
I hope for a possible future firmware update to the Clip+

I think it’s not necessarily that the FM is too loud, but rather that the lower steps don’t lower the volume enough. The level doesn’t seem to change at all from about 4 down to zero.

I could be remembering it wrong (it might have been a different model), but I believe there was an issue similar to this with the original Clip and it was compensated for in a firmware update.

I agree, the FM radio volume does not work properly. Too loud even if it’s set one notch above zero. Please fix this. Is anybody from SanDisk reading this?

gigidur wrote:
I agree, the FM radio volume does not work properly. Too loud even if it’s set one notch above zero. Please fix this. Is anybody from SanDisk reading this?

Most likely . . . I’m sure this is on their ‘to-do’ list. :smiley:

qualiHello,

I agree. Even if the sound quality is great, it is too high when listening to the radio.

Hope Sansa will fix that with a firmware release.

Is this fixed yet? This issue makes FM radio useless, at least in a quiet environment. I purchased this mainly because of its size and FM Radio but now I am thinking of returning it.

Any help?

ifi wrote:

Is this fixed yet?

Nope.

@tapeworm wrote:

@ifi wrote:

Is this fixed yet?

Nope.

Thanks for the reply. Can I return it to BestBuy based on this issue?

ifi wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@ifi wrote:

Is this fixed yet?

Nope.

Nope.

ifi wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@ifi wrote:

Is this fixed yet?

Nope.

Depends on BB’s return policy and how long you’ve had it.

@tapeworm wrote:

Depends on BB’s return policy and how long you’ve had it.

I purchased it day before yesterday.

May I add my voice to the request for an update to provide a radio volume control - It’s simply TOO LOUD!

Hi, I’m a big user of the radion function on my previous mp3 player but with my new clip+ I cannot, it’s realy too loud. I use it on when I wake up to stay 10 minutes on my bed with the news on the ears and my wife sleeping.

thank you