Can not open the disk, the disk asking format-help me!!

My disk  on key asking me all the time  to format the disk on key After connecting the disk  on key to computer.
Is not  give me a chance to see the files.
I have a lot of files and it is very important to me to solve the problem.
What to do? How can I save all the material on my USB flash disk?

I’ve had the same problem with one of my newer Sandisks. I think it is the new 64GB that I purchased just 4 or 5 months ago (sorry, don’t carry that one with me) but it acts up saying ‘format required’ on my work computer.

It kind of freaked me out, but I checked it on 2 of my home computers and it works fine, so I could copy my files into a folder and then what I planned on doing was to format it on my work computer and see that it works OK and then check it on my home computers and if it checks good then I will copy the files back.

Not sure if that will work or not, but just wanted to let you know to check it on a couple other computers prior to formatting.

Take care,

i have purchased sandisk cruzer pop usb flash drive 8 GB Can not open the disk, the disk asking format-help me

When I buy things that don’t work I return them for either a replacement or something else.  It just isn’t worth the effort of fighting with something you just bought.