Can't use a new USB Flash Drive

I brought a new Sandisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive (8GB).   when I try to open it, windows just says: “the disk drive is not formatted do youwant to format it now” I click yes and try to format it but then it says: “windows was unable to format” What do I do?

Return it as defective.

i bought a sandisk cruzer 16 gb,from flipkart …now its responding as “formatt ur disk” and when i try to format its saying windows can’t format it.i am not getting how and to whom ,to return it…kindly help.

@vikashviky wrote:

i bought a sandisk cruzer 16 gb,from flipkart …now its responding as “formatt ur disk” and when i try to format its saying windows can’t format it.i am not getting how and to whom ,to return it…kindly help.

You would return it to the dealer you bought it from or to SanDisk directly (after first calling Tech Support for an RMA#).

That is correct. You ask for a replacement from the store where you purchase it from, not directly from Sandisk itself.

@mithcd wrote:
That is correct. You ask for a replacement from the store where you purchase it from, not directly from Sandisk itself.

What you say is not totally accurate. Please read what I wrote again:

“You would return it to the dealer you bought it from or to SanDisk directly (after first calling Tech Support for an RMA#).”

One should always try returning a defective product to where it was purchased from first. _ But _, if for some reason that is not possible (like being outside the dealer’s return window), _ then _ you can contact SanDisk directly for a warranty replacement.

You _ must _ contact SanDisk first, in order to obtain permission to return it (RMA#); you can’t just return it on your own. You won’t know where to return it to, so it’s likely to get lost and then you’re out you money and the device.