Version 2 Players Only
First, be sure to verify that your player is a c200v2. This can be found by going over to Settings > Info, and verify that “Version” starts with V03. There should also be a small v2 printed on the back of your device.
Once this has been verified, go ahead and proceed with the firmware update steps below.
If you do not have a v2, do NOT upgrade your firmware to this version! This could render your player useless!
Download the firmware by clicking on the links below. Be sure to select the region you are in for full compatibility.
AMERICAS & PACIFIC REGION - 3.02.05a for Americas
EUROPE (No FM) - 3.02.05e for Europe without FM
EUROPE (FM) - 3.02.05f for Europe with FM
The install the firmware, we will first need to put the device in MSC mode. If needed, we can force MSC mode. To force the c200v2 in to MSC mode
- Make sure the player is off (if necessary, hold down the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off)
- Move the hold switch to ON (move to the right towards the record button).
- Hold the rewind button (Left Key)
- Connect the player to the computer.
- Keep holding the rewind button till the “Sansa C200 (E)*” comes up, then realease the record button. If the removable disk does not automatically launch, open “My Computer” and check for any additional drives.
- Now you should have a Sansa C200 with a drive letter assigned to it. Simply download the 2 attached files, then put them onto the removable disk (via drag-and-drop, or copy-and-paste).
- Once that’s done, turn off the hold switch, then unplug the player. Check if the firmware is udpated.
*Actual drive letter may vary