C200 version2 Latest Firmware Installation Instructions; 03.02.05

I have the exact same problem and V2 firmware is not working, there is one file in the zip file, there is no one to help here, **bleep**in dead…

I couldn’t get this firmware to work either so I tried the V1 firmware in the proceding post, since my player had gone into recovery mode and I had nothing to lose, and that worked fine. Later I updated it using Sansa Updater so my current version is 01.01.07P. My unit, a refurb, says v2 on the back and there was no usb option on the settings menu when I got it so it had v2 firmware, don’t know what version. I had no luck adding songs by any method on my new computer with Vista, on an old computer with XP and Windows Media Player 11 everything works.

I bought a c200 refurb from Buy.com.

I own 3 other sansa c200’s that I bought as Xmas presents.

This one, ver V03.02.05A, my computers will not recognize.

I have tried many of the posted “tricks”, lock on, hold down rew while plugging in, etc…

I have installed WMP ver 11

I have installed the usbview program, deleted already installed driver for sansa, still nothing.

I have installed the microsoft MTP program.

Plug in one of my other sansa c200’s, no problem at all…

No matter what I try this c200 will not show up anywhere… useless.

I also got a buddy to buy one, and he is having the very same problem, with the very same  V03.02.05A

Do I have to send this back to buy.com or does Sandisk provide customer support and help for this problem??

I recently bought a refurbed c250 from Buy.com and it’s saying it has version 01-01-05P software. But it seems to be working, meaning the preloaded songs play, it charges up, and the FM radio plays…but I can’t seem to get songs loaded, but I think that’s because I can’t keep WMP from becoming non-responsive.

Can anyone here help me get WMP working? I’ve tried all versions of WMP 9, 10, and 11 and they all stop responding 20 seconds after opening WMP in Windows XP Home. Also, does anyone here know anything about WMP codecs? If so, please help me. I cannot for the life of me understand why WMP says a codec is missing when I have re-installed WMP (all versions) numerous without any luck…and why would Microsoft want me pay for codecs to fix this MS product if I’ve already purchased Windows XP Home…which is supposed to contain a working version of WMP? 

Should I update to the new firmware if my c250 seems to be working OK; please note, it arrived with version 01-01-05P.

Please advise.

SANDISK ■■■■■, ALSO THEIR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, please read your instructions again, they are redundant. also you never said PUSH THE RECORD BUTTON and you wrote (step 5)… then release the record button… is it so hard to make a correct driver. poor engineering, if it can be called engineering… useless

No help here either huh… ?

Quite a company ya’ll have going…

When it dies I bet ya blame it on the bad economy, instead of the bad customer service…

I am just gonna throw mine away and buy a **bleep** ipod.

Don’t be so impatient on this or any other forum Malm. People want to help you but give members a chance to think about your problem so they can try to help you.

I personally think SanDisk support is excellent. I called them and they gave me excellent advice.

Give them a call. I was surprised they even talked to me…about an old $13 mp3 player…but they did.

Good luck to you. I hope you get it working…I did and I love it.

Message Edited by burnselk on 03-15-2009 07:34 AM

Impatient?

3 months and nothing…

That is NOT acceptable. I bought these as Christmas gifts… Here, have a non working MP3 player!!!

I threw my Sansa junk away, bought a nice ipod that works perfectly…

When I buy something, I at least expect it to work… and if not, I expect the company that sold it to me to make it right, at least to TRY to… being ignored is NOT OK.

“surprised they even talked to me…about an old $13 mp3 player”

Why? You are the customer… doesnt matter how much you spent.

I am done here and with Sansa… the Ipod forum actually answers your questions!!!

@malm wrote:

Impatient?

3 months and nothing…

That is NOT acceptable. I bought these as Christmas gifts… Here, have a non working MP3 player!!!

I threw my Sansa junk away, bought a nice ipod that works perfectly…

When I buy something, I at least expect it to work… and if not, I expect the company that sold it to me to make it right, at least to TRY to… being ignored is NOT OK.

“surprised they even talked to me…about an old $13 mp3 player”

Why? You are the customer… doesnt matter how much you spent.

I am done here and with Sansa… the Ipod forum actually answers your questions!!!

Why did you buy discontinued players anyways? Enjoy your iPud

It plays my songs…that’s all I want or need. Plus it has an FM radio. What more do I need?  

@burnselk wrote:
It plays my songs…that’s all I want or need. Plus it has an FM radio. What more do I need?  

I wasn’t aiming that comment  at anyone that is happy with theirs :smiley:…I just get tired of those who complain, and then say," now I’m gonna go buy an iPod!" I’m happy with my Sansas, so I could care less if that guy goes and buys an iPod.

I didn’t take it that way Marvin…I was responding to Malm’s last post…I hadn’t even seen your post.

@burnselk wrote:
I didn’t take it that way Marvin…I was responding to Malm’s last post…I hadn’t even seen your post.

OK then

Anyone can send me the the previous firmware?!

Now you should have a Sansa C200 with a drive letter assigned to it.  Simply download the 2 attached files, then put them onto the removable disk (via drag-and-drop, or copy-and-paste).
 Once that’s done, turn off the hold switch, then unplug the player.  Check if the firmware is udpated.

Hi!  Newbe here.  I have an e360 v2 (firmware 3.01.16A). I’m attempting to upgrade the firmware to the latest, but I’m not understanding the instructions posted here, specifically WHICH two files am I supposed to download?  I assume the revised firmware is one of them, but what is the other one?  Which removable disk do I put them on?

Also, what is the Sansa Updater app for?  I started there, but all it did was show me the currently installed firmware version and offered to download the manual (which I already have).  The Sansa is in MSC mode, per the instructions.

Thanks for your patience!

@pretender wrote:

Now you should have a Sansa C200 with a drive letter assigned to it.  Simply download the 2 attached files, then put them onto the removable disk (via drag-and-drop, or copy-and-paste).
 Once that’s done, turn off the hold switch, then unplug the player.  Check if the firmware is udpated.

Hi!  Newbe here.  I have an e360 v2 (firmware 3.01.16A). I’m attempting to upgrade the firmware to the latest, but I’m not understanding the instructions posted here, specifically WHICH two files am I supposed to download?  I assume the revised firmware is one of them, but what is the other one?  Which removable disk do I put them on?

Also, what is the Sansa Updater app for?  I started there, but all it did was show me the currently installed firmware version and offered to download the manual (which I already have).  The Sansa is in MSC mode, per the instructions.

Thanks for your patience!

I’m an ■■■■■!  Please ignoremy post while I attempt to learn the difference between an ‘E’ and a ‘C’!  Sorry, folks. Feel free to delete my post in the interest of sanity.  

When I plug the device (sold as a c250 on the box) into the computer, it registers as a c250.  When I force the MSC mode (as in instructions), it registers as a c240 on the computer.  When I check the system info, the version begins with v03.  But in the thread below, info states “all c240 are v1.”  And there is no small v2 printed on the back. 

The reason I am looking for help is because when I copied music files from the computer to the player, they showed up as being on the player when it was connected to the computer, but when I unplug the player from the computer, all the player shows on its screen is the music/albums/songs that were pre-loaded.  What is up with this player?  Is this why it was on clearance for such a great price??

I need some help please! I have the Sanse c250 v2 and I have reinstalled the firmware 3.02.05a per the instructions given by MrSmileyFace. It still has the same problem as before. When I power up the c250, it just hangs at the red Sandisk screen. Any ideas???

I think it wont be possible to download olde firmware becasue they release new firmware because they have found bugs in older firmware, you can try to reload the firmware every noe and then and format the device :wink:

I just experienced the exact same thing with a C250.

It had been plugged into a Mac and the Mac automatically formatted it.

We tried reinstalling the firmware but it was unable to complete properly, It would always boot to the Red SANSA screen and not

go any fruther.

My solution was to reformat the drive using a Windows XP box,

File system was set to “FAT” and quick format was unchecked.

After reformatting I placed the  C200PA.BIN file from tthe start of this thread into the root directory of the SANSA

moved the hold switch, then disconnected the usb cable. It updated for several minutes then shut down.

Powering back up and I was prompted for the Language selection.

I hope this helps others who experience the same problem.

Chris

Message Edited by cknowles on 10-27-2009 12:49 PM