Black Screen, but Music is Playing

Hi,

Recently I have the problem that sometimes while playing music on my Sansa Fuze the screen doesnt wake up from the sleep mode and stays black.

The music still works, and I can also navigate “blind” in the menu. I tried to reset it, but most of the time it doesnt work.

After I connect the player with the computer the screen works again (but usually I don’t have my computer with me…)

The player is already 3-4 years old and not in the best condition (I recently taped the body together, because it was getting loose).

Any ideas if this can be fixed?

The only thing you could try is manually re-applying the firmware.

If all else fails, you could try the “voice” feature inluded in Rockbox. That way, you’ll never need to actually look at your screen again.

Of course, there will be a learning curve. If you don’t want to learn to use a firmware that you can’t even see, it’s probably best that you get a replacement.

@halonachos117 wrote:

If all else fails, you could try the “voice” feature inluded in Rockbox. That way, you’ll never need to actually look at your screen again.

One would first have to see the screen in order to set the voice feature in Rockbox, so I don’t see how this would help.