Audiobook troubles

I recently purchased a clip sport when my old zip clip broke. I never had any problems with it. with the sport, I am having trouble listeing to audible audiobooks. There is a delay when pausing, and when I go to unpause, the player freezes and it takes sometimes 30 seconds to a few minutes for playback to resume. The further I get into the book, the longer the pause it seems. I have updated to the latest firmware. Is there any way around this?

Retrun it and get another Zip (or Clip+).

@rougerogue wrote:

I recently purchased a clip sport when my old zip clip broke. I never had any problems with it. with the sport, I am having trouble listeing to audible audiobooks. There is a delay when pausing, and when I go to unpause, the player freezes and it takes sometimes 30 seconds to a few minutes for playback to resume. The further I get into the book, the longer the pause it seems. I have updated to the latest firmware. Is there any way around this?

I’m experiencing the same issues. Sandisk appears to be ignoring the issue completely.

@mgkurilla wrote:

I’m experiencing the same issues. Sandisk appears to be ignoring the issue completely.

Not really. They’ve already put out a firmware update to address some of the inital glitches, and they are working as we speak on another. I know it seems like there’s nothing be done, but these things take time.

@tapeworm wrote:

Not really. They’ve already put out a firmware update to address some of the inital glitches, and they are working as we speak on another. I know it seems like there’s nothing be done, but these things take time.

I understand that these things take time, but the total lack of communication is quite unacceptable. When multiple people post about issues and suggest alternatives, it would really behoove Sandisk to at least acknowedlge their recognition of the issues and which ones they expect to address. It’s a complete mystery to people on this forum whether Sandisk even considers the feedback from this forum that should form a major component of focus group analysis to figure out how they can make their product better.

For example, I and others have remarked about a frustrating gap of 20 - 30 seconds from pressing the key to start playback of an Audible audiobook and when the playback actually begins. This is not an exaggeration. I have no idea if Sandisk even recongizes this issue or whether or not they care to address it. 

Some minimal level of status updates would be helpful.

You are right.  Unfortunately, companies so rarely do this.   :frowning:

well no it did not address the freezing issue. i installed the latest firmware, hoping it would stop the freezing. no joy ! I have had this sport clip for about three days, and it ■■■■■ ! Freezes up after about one hour of listening to audiobook, has to be reset, then takes a couple of minutes to start playing again, freezes up when trying to go fast forward or backward and takes minutes to start or needs a reset, freezes up whenever i hit pause and takes forever to start again or needs reset !! If sandisk cant find someone with enough brains to write a decent firmware to fix this, then they need to hire the guy that made the operating system for the phillips mp3 player that they discontinued ! It worked great, and you could hit the forward button and actually jump to the next chapter. Zero freezing problems ! I am very disapointed in this product, and will be looking for a better system to play my audiobooks.

Maybe read the suggestions submitted by MasterJoop in these message groups on this forum:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Sandisk-Clip-Sport-audiobook-problem/td-p/341195/page/2

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Audible-playback-Issues/m-p/341486#M2208

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Audible-playback-Issues/m-p/346013#M2355

Thank you !! i changed my audible download to format 4, so book is two parts. The clip sport works great now !! even can hit forward and it jumps right to next chapter, before it would jump to the next book ! Aprreciate the help !