audiobook count in info menu is always *zero*...

hi…

quick question. what determines what shows as items under: settings / system settings / info / audiobooks??

i’m using mp3 files that i think are are tagged appropriately. genre = Audiobooks right now, as i read that either here or on abi. i’ve tried saving the files in any number of locations, including the default audiobook folder (internal and uSD) with no luck. the # is always 0 in the info menu item above. is that only for audible books?

as a side note, none of these audiobook tracks are included in the song track count in the same menu section. they don’t seem to be noted anywhere right now.

my firmware = 02.02.26A

thanks in advance!

I had the same problem, too, after recopying my files onto my new microSD card.  I found that you set your Audiobooks’ genre to “Audiobook” not “Audiobooks.”  It worked for me.

Hope that helps.

thx for the suggestion, hsn.

i did as you describe, but still no joy. :frowning:

i also tried the “delete mtable.sys” thing and that made no difference either.

finally, i formatted (from the fuze menu) and reloaded everything… once more, no change.

i’m at a total loss…

Dang.

All of my audiobooks are Audible files, .aa or .aax- and the count is not correct at the moment: it states “1” with three files available.

I have a few glitches, actually.  This is one to add to the sleuthing list.  First, I have an audiobook in two parts currently loaded in internal memory.  Under Audiobooks, I see two listings as Audible-Secret Empire.  The Third listing is zorched.

This is a test file from earlier, an .aax format book on the µSD card currently.  The GUI lists it without the book title, as “Audibles”.

I think it was named by Borat.  Please you listening to your Audibles, yes?

Oh, bother! Pooh would say.

Methinks we have a few bugs.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

i’ve got no Audible files.

mine are all non-drm mp3s, either extracted from cds i own or downloaded from one of the free audiobook sites.

@mkiv4me wrote:

thx for the suggestion, hsn.

i did as you describe, but still no joy. :frowning:

i also tried the “delete mtable.sys” thing and that made no difference either.

finally, i formatted (from the fuze menu) and reloaded everything… once more, no change.

i’m at a total loss…

I’m sorry that didn’t work, mkiv4me.  Hopefully someone here can come up with the answer for you.

I’ve read somewhere on the forum that if you add pictures on your sansa fuze with the new firmware it will start to give bad files count in the info section of the player. for me the only thing that seems to work fine is the music count otherwise everything else seems wrong and I have some pictures transfered from smc.

You need to put the audiobook mp3 files specifically in the audiobook folder of the player.

@greig wrote:
You need to put the audiobook mp3 files specifically in the audiobook folder of the player.

Yes.  I forgot to mention that, too.  Maybe with that and the genre set to “Audiobook” will fix it.

@hulksmashnow wrote:

@greig wrote:

Yes.  I forgot to mention that, too.  Maybe with that and the genre set to “Audiobook” will fix it.

tried that combo… and all of others i can think of.

no joy.

thx for the replies, though. :slight_smile:

@paul_willy wrote:

I’ve read somewhere on the forum that if you add pictures on your sansa fuze with the new firmware it will start to give bad files count in the info section of the player. for me the only thing that seems to work fine is the music count otherwise everything else seems wrong and I have some pictures transfered from smc.

seems the same for me. songs = count is ok. photos = count comes and goes. audiobooks = always zero.

it’s sounding more and more like a bug in the latest firmware… at least in the v2 fuze firmware.

@mkiv4me wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

@greig wrote:

tried that combo… and all of others i can think of.

no joy.

thx for the replies, though. :slight_smile:

Hey, you’re welcome, mkiv4me.  Sorry I couldn’t be of more help to you.  If it is a firmware bug, here’s hoping it gets fixed next time around.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 06-16-2009 01:07 PM

I have a suspicion that this could be a firmware bug. 

After the last update I noticed that my Fuse settings-info was telling me that I had only one audiobook[s] on my micro card - before the update it correctly showed lots, but I have not deleted any of them and they are still there; as I can still hear them its not a big problem… but it would be nice if it did what it said it does…  {It is also reporting that there are no Podcasts - but it has that wrong too…} :cry:

just so that this thread is complete, if sandisk looks at it…

would everyone who is seeing “file-type count” weirdness, please post your firmware revision?

as i posted before, i’m at v02.02.26A .

thx.

The audiobook count issue is isolated to the 26 revision.  This count is incorrect both for mp3 audiobooks and Audible .aa / .aax files.

Bob  :wink:

so…

new firmware coming??? :wink:

The latest firmware revision incorporated quite a few new tweaks and features.  Here on the Forums, we have the advantage of feedback from a large pool of users, each applying the Fuze in a slightly different manner, with different computer and operating system installations.

This gives us a real opportunity to put the new code through its paces, of course.  The bugs that have surfaced, though annoying, are inevitable.  The next firmware will address many of these glitches, I can assure you.

I’d rather a bold stroke, as we’ve had in the past, giving us cool new capabilities, rather than “tiny step” firmware revisions. The next scheduled release should address most of it.  In the meantime, I’ve got my earbuds on!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: