Audible files cause slot radio to stop working

I have a Clip+ with firmware 1.02.15A and when I play an Audible audiobook file my slot radio stops working until a reboot the player.

Other music files don’t seem to have the same effect, but as soon as I play an Audible file my slot radio goes nuts next time I try to access it. It shows me “Slot Radio” as an option within Slot Radio, and when I choose that the player shows nothing but underscores/dashes accross the display and I can’t get slot radio to start.

When I shut down the player and restart it, Slot Radio is ok again until I play an Audible file.

Anyone else have this issue?

That’s really an odd issue. Try to delete the books and reload them back or much better, format the Sansa and reload back all your files.

I tried reformatting the player and adding my files again, but still experience the same issue.

I hope you aren’t inserting or removing a card while the player is on.

No I was careful to always have the player off when inserting or removing the card.

I guess you could try downloading the firmware again, and installing it manually. If that doesn’t help, then you could try manually installing older versions of the firmware.  If reinstalling the firmware doesn’t help, then you should contact Sandisk. Perhaps they might address the problem in the next firmware.

mackiest wrote:

I have a Clip+ with firmware 1.02.15A and when I play an Audible audiobook file my slot radio stops working until a reboot the player.

Other music files don’t seem to have the same effect, but as soon as I play an Audible file my slot radio goes nuts next time I try to access it. It shows me “Slot Radio” as an option within Slot Radio, and when I choose that the player shows nothing but underscores/dashes accross the display and I can’t get slot radio to start.

When I shut down the player and restart it, Slot Radio is ok again until I play an Audible file.

Anyone else have this issue?

we tried to replicate what you just did and it also happened on our end. we’ve identified it as an issue and definitely will be fixed in a future firmware update. i apologize on behalf for this inconvenience.