Any way to get my Sansa Fuze 4GB repaired?

I purchased my Sansa Fuze 4GB Red back in February, after having mutiple issues with the Sansa Clip and Clip+ (First Clip had a headphone jack problem JUST like this Fuze, and the next two I got after returning to Best Buy withing the return period both had clips that broke, but with the + the clip isnt removable, so it ruined the whole player for me, though I suppose its still better than the headphone issues).  Anyways, this one recently went headphone screwy on me.  The left earbud has issues emitting sound unless I press against the headphones the right way, and I have tried multiple headphones to see if it was just mine.  My player has had a few drops in its time, but a drop did not cause this issue, it just started happening about 2 weeks ago.  Otherwise its been a great player.  Is there any way to fix this or get a replacement?  I doubt 11 months is within the returnable for defects policy at best buy where I picked this up.  Thank you.

There’s a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty, so even if Best Buy won’t take it back, Sandisk will.

1-866-SANDISK