Accessing SDHC for additional data storage

Just purchased a 4gb Fuse and am trying to set it up using MediaMonkey (MM). After converting my .m4a files to mp3’s all my music seemed to load fine on the Fuse, until I maxed out the 4GB storage. I had/have a 8GB SDHC already inserted but no data is being added to the card.

How can I have the data also added to the SD card during syncing so my capacity is increased?

@mbatzman wrote:
Just purchased a 4gb Fuse and am trying to set it up using MediaMonkey (MM). After converting my .m4a files to mp3’s all my music seemed to load fine on the Fuse, until I maxed out the 4GB storage. I had/have a 8GB SDHC already inserted but no data is being added to the card.

How can I have the data also added to the SD card during syncing so my capacity is increased?

You have to add to the microsdhc card seperately…it will come up as an additional drive. 

You have to specify you want to sync to the card. Your computer sees it separately from the player’s internal memory. It won’t simply start filling the card once the player is full.

The player however, will see & play all the music regardless of location, seamlessly.

Its not to hard you just have to set it up. In MM go to Tools> Options> Portable/Audio Devices> Then in the available Devices window look at the Column called Plug-In File Select the one called d_USBMass1.dll> Double Click it> Then When The Device Profile Window opens> Choose the Device Configuration Tab> Then Go Down to the bottom half of that page, in the Device Name Box Name your Device (I called mine SD Card)> Then Open “My Computer” and see which Drive letter is assigned to your card (For Example your Fuze (F:) and your card is (G:)), then in MM select the Drive Letter> Then Click the find device button, this will return a USB ID number Just click OK and then OK again in the Device Profile window. It should show up now.

ConversionBox,

Thanks for your info and the step-by-step instructions…I must be doing something wrong because it doesn’t seem to be working…

I followed your info and got to the “device configuration” tab went down to the “Device Name” entered “Fuze,” assigned it the F drive and selected “Find Device.” I am then told, “No Device Found.”

The Fuze is plugged in and in Explorer it appears under drives with the Fuze icon and name but listed not as a drive but “other.”

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

@mbatzman wrote:

ConversionBox,

Thanks for your info and the step-by-step instructions…I must be doing something wrong because it doesn’t seem to be working…

I followed your info and got to the “device configuration” tab went down to the “Device Name” entered “Fuze,” assigned it the F drive and selected “Find Device.” I am then told, “No Device Found.”

The Fuze is plugged in and in Explorer it appears under drives with the Fuze icon and name but listed not as a drive but “other.”

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Sounds like your player is in MTP mode. Try switching it to MSC.

Looks like that did it! …almost

My Fuse is on the E drive and the SD card on the F drive

Now the both show as drives in Explorer.

But only the SD Card is showing in the MM directory, and when I look up at the “Sync to portable Device menu icon” on that menu only the F drive appears there as well.

More info…

Tools>Options>Portable Audio Devices…

Removeable Disc (F:) I have that box checked and set with d_WMDM.dll

Sansa Fuse 4GB Internal Memory (no drive specified) I have that box checked and set with d_WMDM.dll

SD Card (no drive specified) I have that box checked and set with d_USBMass1.dll

When I try to sync nothing seems to happen (nothing additional is writing to the sd card drive)

Again, thanks for your help I very much appreciate it!