Loading files to SD memory

I was thinking of purchasing a 8GB SD memory card for my Sansa Fuse 2GB.

Will files from Media Player be stored on the inserted SD card when I sync or do files need to be loaded onto the SD card externally before it is inserted into the Fuse?

Either way, but you have to remember WMP won’t fill up your internal memory and then automatically switch to the card for the over-flow. It still sees the player and the card slot as 2 separate memory locations, so you have to ‘tell it’ to sync to the card if that’s what you wish.

Tapeworm wrote:
Either way, but you have to remember WMP won’t fill up your internal memory and then automatically switch to the card for the over-flow. It still sees the player and the card slot as 2 separate memory locations, so you have to ‘tell it’ to sync to the card if that’s what you wish.

Yep, and a good way to do this is with smart playlists.  I don’t know whether WMP smart playlists have this ability, but with Media Monkey, I have a playlist called “MicroSDHC” that’s limited to the size of my card, and I have a smart playlist called “Not MicroSDHC” (creative, huh?) that contains all songs not on the “MicroSDHC” playlist.  I sync the former to the card (while it’s in the Fuze), and the latter to the Fuze’s internal memory.

what does sync mean? I don’t see that term on my Sansa Fuze. I have Windows Media so how do I direct music I want to copy to my alternate memory?

I have 2 Sansa Fuze’s. My pc used to recognize my Fuze’s when I connected but no longer does that. One Fuze still allows the pc Windows Media to copy files to it but the pc does not recognize the Fuze. The other Fuze will not be recognized by my pc and the Windows Media does not open to do a copy. My plan is to copy to the alternate memory in one Fuze and plug it into the other Fuze. The usb cable of one Fuze will charge the battery but nothing else. The other usb cable will let me copy into one of the Fuze’s but not the other. I think I have more than one problem and just need to junk the Fuzes and get some other pocket music device. Both Fuzes will still play and allow the battery to be charged. It also matters which usb port I use on my pc.

In the Fuze go to Settings/System Settings and change the USB Mode to MSC. Your computer should then recognize two drives: the internal memory and the SD card. Then you should be able to just drag-and-drop albums.

If you feel that you can only use Windows Media Player, you can try some of the tricks mentioned here.

Try the Refresh the Driver method.