A Few Questions About Videos On My Sansa Fuze

Hey all,

I am fairly new with my sansa fuze (i’ve only had it for about a week), and I have 2 questions about “videos” on the Fuze…

Any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated!

So:

First, On my sansa fuze I see 2 folders under the “VIDEO” section, “Audio_TS”, and “Video_TS”. What do these folders mean, and what files go under which folder?

Second, I have tried to load on my sansa fuze this video (about 20 min. in length) via the Sansa Media Converter. Now, when I try to convert my video from a Vob (some sort of file extension) file, to the proper file type (which I am assuming is .mp4), I get a message saying “It cannot convert, because your sansa player is not connected” (even though I know I have connected it). Is there any way I can by-pass the Sansa Converter program, and just use a different softwear to change mjy file to .mp4, or do I have to use Sansa Media Converter to do it?

Again, any help is appreciated…

Thanks

@fuze_4_life wrote:

Hey all,

I am fairly new with my sansa fuze (i’ve only had it for about a week), and I have 2 questions about “videos” on the Fuze…

Any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated!

So:

First, On my sansa fuze I see 2 folders under the “VIDEO” section, “Audio_TS”, and “Video_TS”. What do these folders mean, and what files go under which folder?

Second, I have tried to load on my sansa fuze this video (about 20 min. in length) via the Sansa Media Converter. Now, when I try to convert my video from a Vob (some sort of file extension) file, to the proper file type (which I am assuming is .mp4), I get a message saying “It cannot convert, because your sansa player is not connected” (even though I know I have connected it). Is there any way I can by-pass the Sansa Converter program, and just use a different softwear to change mjy file to .mp4, or do I have to use Sansa Media Converter to do it?

Again, any help is appreciated…

Thanks

Ok the two folders dont matter to you. SMC (Or any other program) places the files in there so you dont need to worry. vob files are not compatable with SMC, so when you rip the DVD you need to use a program like Any-Video-Converter to create an AVI file or an mpge (My recomendations). Also Rhapsody will add videos to the fuze as well. 

Thanks ConversionBox, that worked!

I have a problem after converting videos using SMC.

The video after the convertion, plays in mono sound instead of stereo. I had the same problem with SMC. The original videos that i add to the converter are stereo, but for some reason the output is mono.

Any suggestions or solutions to this problem?

Thanks, 

Nick

DVD-video and DVD-audio discs refer to properly formatted and structured video and audio content, respectively. Other types of DVDs, including those with video content, may be referred to as DVD Data discs.

Actually, DVD purchased or rented from stores always have copyright protections. You can try something called dvd ripper software, it is able to rip dvds to computer in 1:1. it is also capable to save dvd to computer in regular video format. it can bypass all kind of dvd copyright protection schemes, so it is able to rip copyright protected dvd movies.

Not like some ordinary DVD rippers, it will not break the video into pieces, it will join all DVD titles and chapters and make them as one standalone video file, thus you can play it on your USB drive .

Message Edited by supermaxmonkey on 03-07-2010 06:43 PM